A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic/Mass Effect crossover fic. Following the finale of the third game, Commander Shepard finds herself in Everfree forest. She does not remember how she get there, most of her past, or why is there an A.I. calling itself Legion uploaded into her omnitool.
The fanfic is still in progress. It can be found here.
The fanfic contains the examples of the following tropes:
- Aura Vision: Jack, after her ascension into the biotic human equivalent of an alicorn, can see auras, which seem to be divided in color based off of which of the elements of Harmony one aligns with.
- Badass in Distress: Celestia gets abducted by Collectors.
- Baleful Polymorph: Contact with Poison Joke turns Shepard into an earth pony for a while.
- BFG: Being an inflitrator, Shepard uses a 'black widow' anti-material rifle.
- Boom, Headshot!: Shepard saves Fluttershy by shooting a hydra through all its heads with a single shot.
- Deadly Prank: Indirectly. While being turned into a pony by Poison Joke is hilarious and not dangerous by itself, it makes Shepard unable to use her weapons when she really needs them.
- Fluffy Tamer: During her stay in the forest, Shepard manages to befriend Ursa Minor and build some cautious mutual respect with Ursa Major.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With / Fisher Kingdom: Upon stumbling into Shepard's dreams, Luna is turned into a Winged Humanoid.
- Freak Out!: Shepard suffers one upon realising that Luna is real. She had only met her in dreams before.
- And also from finding out that three centuries have passed since she activated the Catalyst, meaning that even when she gets back to Citadel space, most of her old crew are long dead.
- Rarity has a humorous one when Twilight's transformation spell turns her into a human, though she gets over it when she realizes that, by human standards, she's quite good-looking.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Shepard initially gets this treatment on account of her being a meat eater and a very dangerous one at that.
- Friendly Sniper: Shepard is an infiltrator, with a sniper rifle capable of one-shotting almost anything in Equestria, but very friendly and good to be around.
- Heroic RRoD: Shepard overloads her omniblade to kill a dragon, getting her arm mangled in the process.
- Interspecies Romance: Teased between Shepard and Luna. The princess being a shapeshifter lessens the potential squick factor.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Shepard remembers only snippets of her past life. As it turns out Legion has blocked most of her memories to mitigate the effects of a serious post traumatic stress disorder.
- Long-Lost Relative: Liara and Shepard had a daughter.
- Never Found the Body: The whole of Pinkie's family.
- Out-of-Character Alert: Speculated by fans regarding Legion. It is later revealed that "Legion" was actually an AI created by EDI as a mixture of her own personality traits and Joker's. This AI, lacking memories of its own, simply assumed the identity of the first AI it found records of in Shepard's omni-tool.
- Override Command: Used by Shepard to override safety features of her omniblade, allowing her to use Explosive Overclocking against a rampaging dragon. The consequences are fatal for the dragon and very painful for Shepard.
- Running Gag: Following the tradition of dozens of 'badass in Equestria' fics before it, the story mentions Shepard defeating a manticore, apparently in close combat.
- Shepard gets constant reminders on how she used to eat parasprites by the dozens, in the form of dress pins, banners, and pastries and cakes with designs of her shoveling handfuls of them in her mouth. Of course, the Mane Six are given these suggestions by Legion.
- Trauma Button: Through the story, Shepard recovers bits of her memories in response to different situations (such as Pinkie's Motor Mouth reminding her of Mordin.) She doesn't always like what she remembers.