Pinkie Pie is minding Sugar Cube Corner one slow day when an... unusual customer answering to the name Bill Door arrives. It seems Mr. Door was an old friend of Pinkie's grandfather, and he has an unusual job offer for Pinkie Pie...
Yes, Pinkie Pie becomes the new steed of Discworld's Death, on a part-time basis at least. But after a bit of a mix-up with the Rite of Ashk'Ente being cast on two planes at once, Pinkie Pie is stuck on the Discworld doing The Duty, and Death is stuck in Equestria in his guise of Bill Door. On top of all that, it seems Pinkie's antics have inspired a zombie to start a new religion...
Can be found here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/400/Binky-Pie . Now complete.
- As You Know: Lampshaded in chapter 12.Twilight Sparkle: ...Given you knew I already knew all that, why did you bother repeating it?
Bill Door: I have noticed you do it quite often to your friends and assumed this was a customary form of conversation amongst you ponies.
- Black Cloak: Pinkie reluctantly dons one when she takes on Death's duties after being told they don't come in pink.
- Rarity also displays some fascination in Death's own due to its unique fabric.
- Cassandra Truth: The rumor that Bill Door is an extra-dimensional creature that collects souls and has replaced Pinkie Pie as a result of a mystic pact is generally dismissed as absurd.
- Death's Hourglass: A recurring motif between chapters. When Pinkie takes on The Duty, her own takes the form of a slowly-deflating balloon in Gothic Pink.
- Enemy Without: The Cult of the Pink Pony of Death causes Pinkie to split into an actual goddess and Death. Pinkie!Death, unfortunately, is a slave of the Auditors.
- Flat "What": Gustav Gutsworth's reaction to being greeted on "the other side" by Pinkie Pie.
- A God Am I: Pinkie manifesting in front of a temple full of her worshippers leads to official apotheosis. Unfortunately, it also leads to Goddess!Pinkie and Death!Pinkie becoming two separate entities.
- God Guise: Pinkie Pie accidentally inspires people to worship her as "The Pink Pony of Death", after a zombie came back from the dead and saw Pinkie accompanying Death.
- Love at First Sight: As of "A Party in the Unseen University", Bill Door realizes this has happened to him in regards to Fluttershy.
- Mercy Kill: Grand Hostess Aminata murders the wizard Keksy as a reward for his services, viewing his premature death as a way of reaching the big afterlife party earlier. Pinkie does not approve of this.
- Name's the Same: In-universe, Mrs. Cake of Ponyville and Mrs. Cake of Ankh-Morpork. In one of the multiverse's amusing little coincidences, Equestria's Mrs. Cake has precognitive powers like Discworld's Mrs. Cake.
- Not What It Looks Like: Between "Bill Door" and Fluttershy.
- Oh, Crap!: A reoccuring reaction gag throughout the story is various characters saying a quiet "oh bugger" or variations thereof.
- Bill Door's reaction to finding he's been transported back to Equestria, and Albert's reaction to Pinkie Pie ending up in his place, in chapter 3.
- The Auditors in chapter 9, on realizing Pinkie's ascension to goddess-hood places her outside their jurisdiction.
- The Auditors do this a final time right before vanishing.
- Bill Door again in chapter 16 after realizing that he's fallen in love with Fluttershy.
- Plot-Triggering Death: The death of Binky Pie, Pinkie's grandfather and Death's steed, is what begins the story.
- Posthumous Character: Pinkie's grandfather, Binky, appears in a lengthy flashback in the prologue, but is dead by the time the story begins.
- Shout-Out: A few nods to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; it's noted in chapter 9 that every society in the multiverse has developed a drink with a name similar to "gin and tonic", and in chapter 10 there's mention of a man making a mountain invisible with a fleet of intergalactic trucks.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: The Neighcronomicon, also known as the Necroponicon, Equestria's answer to Discworld's Necrotelecomnicon. It also showed up of its own accord in the Ponyville Library, much to Twilight Sparkle's horror.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Death!Pinkie, who is totally unable to deal with The Duty and her lingering mortal conscience, gets prodded by the Auditors to become one of these.