A Transformers Prime fanfic series by CzarnaArcher picking up when season two left off. The Autobots are scattered, Optimus Prime and Wheeljack are heavily injured and Fowler has to wait for the Decepticons to leave before mounting a rescue. He takes June Darby back to Jasper so she can pack bags for herself and Jack while they wait to be relocated. However, Soundwave notices the helicopter in the town, and Megatron orders her brought to the Nemesis to be questioned. Yet the next day she is returned safe and sound, and the Autobots and Decepticons soon find out they have more serious things to worry about.
An on-going series with three novel stories, one short story and multiple one-shots, it explores an alternate timeline for Prime that is very good. Some typos here and there, but the author is not a native English speaker, so it's forgivable and still very readable. The first chapter of the first story can be found here and the rest of it here. The novel sequels, Hammerhead and Spider Woman can be found in PDF form here and here. There are alternate links here, here and here.
This series provides examples of:
- Big-Bad Ensemble: MECH and Arachnid.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulhu??: June and Megatron, from Jack's point of view at least
- Disappeared Dad: Jack's dad was a workaholic who didn't even stay with June when she was in labor for 28 hours, and never contacted them after she divorced him.
- Game Changer: When Megatron has June kidnapped, and later, when MECH shoots Megatron. And then again when Arachnid escapes New Kaon's ruins
- Holding Hands: Arcee and Shockwave often
- Hot Paint Job: Optimus gets his Bayverse paint job after his original was burned off in the destruction of the Autobot Base.
- I Have Your Mother: Megatron with June; subverted as he lets her go the next day.
- Interspecies Romance: Bumblebee and Miko and later June and Megatron
- It's Personal: Silla's want to destroy all Cybertronians, but especially Megatron, is because of her father Silas's death.
- Large and in Charge: Megatron to the Decepticons, a little less so with Optimus and the Autobots.
- Lesser of Two Evils: The Autobots and Decepticons agree to a truce until MECH is caught and the Plasma gun destroyed.
- The Lost Lenore: Soundwaves wife was killed in a mine explosion back in the Golden Age of Cybertron, and is the reason he has Ravage, joined the Decepticons and had his emotions suppressed.
- MayflyDecember Romance: June and Megatron, as well as Miko and Bumblebee. The Cybertronians can live for millenia while humans are lucky to reach 100.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: As of Hammerhead, The Autobots and Decepticons are on a truce, June and Megatron are a couple, and MECH has a weapon that can kill Cybertronians and is on the run.
- Shout-Out: To the fandom, in Spider Woman, Smokescreen says "I'm sexy and I know it," and someone comments that it sounds like something Knock Out would say.