Mitsumi was taken in by Team Galactic at age seven and raised as the perfect weapon. She grew up viewing their leader, Cyrus, as a father figure. As she matures, Mitsumi begins to realize that Galactic isn't as noble as she had thought. She hates what they've done to her and tries to atone.
Beautiful Light is a story based off of Mitsumi's character arc.
This fic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass: Cyrus doesn't believe that Pokémon have emotions, so he feels free to kill them without a second thought.
- Dead Fic: The story is unfinished and last updated in 2012.
- Harmful to Minors: When Mitsumi asks what Pokémon are, Cyrus stabs a Staraptor in the throat in front of her.
- Child Soldiers: Team Galactic has members as young as thirteen year old Saturn in its ranks. Mitsumi is even younger than Saturn, being seven when she begins her training.
- Parental Abandonment: Mitsumi was left on her own after her parents died.
- Rescue Introduction: Cyrus met Mitsumi when he rescued her from being killed by a Snover.
- R-Rated Opening: The story starts with Mitsumi nearly being murdered by a Snover.
- Training from Hell: Cyrus' method of training is this way. For example, he had an injured 7-year old Mitsumi run over 100 feet and back continuously for hours.
- Tyke Bomb: Cyrus raised Mitsumi as the "Ultimate Weapon" for his cause.