- Sam gets pregnant.
- A writing challenge which constantly flooded the site until the end of 2010 was stories based on Sam and Freddie performing in a play that turns into romance for them. The actual play was often Romeo and Juliet.
- Variations on Ten Minutes in the Closet or Locked in a Room form a huge part of the Seddie fanfic. Arguably done in-universe when you consider how iOMG played out.
- Fix Fic of the aftermath of iSpeed Date. Usually Freddie realising he doesn't love Carly, Sam starts bawling her eyes out, Sam and Freddie declare their undying love for each other. There are 100's of fics of this variation on ff.net alone.
- Fix Fic reworkings of iLove You where they don't break up.
- Sam being used as a Possession Sue by Seddie fans, usually younger ones who aren't quite past the 'pick on someone you like' development period. Fics like this lean hard on the Sam's abuse hides her secret feelings for Freddie I Just Want to Be Loved angle.
- Hurt/Comfort Fic stories that involved Rape as Drama.
- Road Trip fanfics where Carly has a super grown up sexy college boyfriend and they are going on a road trip. They invite Sam and Freddie along. Carly's boyfriend is usually Griffin and they spend most of the story having wild sex, while driving the car, during rest stops, at the hotels and in garage bathrooms, all of which Sam and Freddie repeatedly happen to see. This makes Sam and Freddie uncomfortable and miserable as they only have each other for company, leading to fighting and bickering and eventually quiet retrospective moments followed by making out and having sex. At which point Carly comes along and says the entire purpose of the trip was to hook them up. Griffin was presumably in it for the sex.
- Fix Fic that fixes the series finale iGoodbye which ended with Carly kissing Freddie who celebrated it.
- The "Root and Berry Retreat" fic for Creddie (Carly/Freddie) writers in the back half of 2009. It was the only canon moment they could be alone without any chance of interruption by Sam or Spencer.
- Fix Fic reworkings of the episode iKiss so Carly kisses Freddie instead of Sam.
- Stories about Carly's feelings during the Seddie arc.
- Creddie Road Trip fics are usually about the pair of them going to visit Sam during a college break. Sam usually has some random boyfriend who makes Carly and Freddie anxious because they haven't had the same thing. Until all the little moments they've had during the trip work up to a world shattering kiss.
- Sam is a lesbian, Carly isn't; Hilarity Ensues, as does If It's You, It's Okay.
- Carly realizes she's bisexual and in love with Sam. They fall in love. A Coming-Out Story occurs afterwards.
- Sam has a fight with her mother and runs off to stay the night at Carly's. This leads to cuddling and love confessions.
- Freddie/Spencer: Turning Freddie's crush on Carly into Ho Yay confusion by adding a crush on Spencer as well, with Freddie fantasising about Spencer in the same way he would Carly. Freddie tries to process the potential meaning of his thoughts about Spencer. By talking with Carly. Carly will squee like a school girl (at both ideas of him crushing on Spencer or that he might still like Carly) and will help him figure it out out. By making out with him. His negative reaction forces him to realise he actually has a crush on Spencer and that Carly's crush was a subconscious attempt at hiding his gayness.
- Sam-centric romance stories (Spam/Cam/Seddie) can be fuelled by Sam getting kicked out by her mother and moving in with the other part of the ship.
- Spencer/Sam has a specific version, where Carly and Freddie leave Seattle to go to college but Sam failed high school and got kicked out by her mom, so she moves in with Spencer. Romance ensues.
- Vampire Fiction. This trancends the Creddie vs Seddie divide.
- If a fanfic is a crossover with Drake & Josh it's almost certain that the plot will revolve around Carly really being Megan and having been kidnapped by Crazy Steve. Sometimes she genuinely doesn't remember her past but usually she is faking.
- Crossover material with School of Rock often have Summer and Carly as long-lost twins.
Fandom Specific Plot / iCarly