Despite being a pretty random, comedic show based as much on Comedic Sociopathy and not so much about being good to their fellow man, the show has managed a number of heartwarming moments between them the characters.
Carly and SpencerPretty much every episode that centers on the sibling bond between Carly and Spencer:
- iWanna Stay With Spencer shows that despite whatever Spencer appears to be, he always has the best interests of his sister in mind.
- Also inversely, even though Carly knows that her brother's obviously pretty weird and goofs up at times, she still sees Spencer as a responsible guardian.
- One scheme Carly tries in an attempt to convince their grandfather that Spencer is responsible is to show up dressed like a Goth (dyed hair and piercings included — though the piercings are revealed to be fake), in the hopes that Spencer will flip out and yell at her. The plan backfires, however, when Spencer says he loves it. After Carly leaves the room, their grandfather asks how Spencer can possibly approve, and Spencer replies that he doesn't. But he figures that Carly's just going through a rebellious phase (as teenagers are wont to do), and that being supportive of her interests is more important than disciplining what she wears. And, you know, he's not wrong.
- What finally convinces their grandfather to let Spencer keep custody? Just before Carly leaves, their grandfather clearly begins to doubt his decision when Spencer gives him a detailed guide on all of Carly's favorite things. What tips the scales, however, is when Spencer suddenly realizes Carly forgot her inhaler, and bolts after them to give it to her, even though she hasn't had an asthma attack in over five years. Even if there's only a minuscule chance she'll need the inhaler, he's not willing to let Carly risk it.
- iPromote Techfoots: After Spencer helps Carly get out of a bad contract, and end up $10,000 richer, she uses it to buy him a motorcycle so he doesn't have to take public transportation anymore.
- iGot A Hot Room: After the disaster of the titular hot room, Carly and Spencer's happiness once the room is complete is palpable.
- iDate Sam & Freddie: Carly immediately apologizing and comforting Spencer after insulting him.
- She later insults Gibby shortly after and then once again immediately hugs him when he starts crying. It really shows how sweet and gentle Carly is.
- iPear Store: Spencer protects Carly from Trey's advances.
Carly and FreddieCarly and Freddie share a simultaneously simple and complex relationship, a strong friendship, and an undercurrent of romantic tension, they have been part of heartwarming moments together:
- iSpeed Date: Despite their horrible night and their horrible dates, Freddie asks Carly to share a dance with someone they don't hate, and they share a slow dance together, that visibly clears away the bad memories from the rest of the night, as they dance in each others arms, with Carly's head resting gently on Freddie's shoulder.
- iSaved Your Life: Freddie risks his own life for Carly, is considered a hero and starts a relationship with Carly. That is heart-warming as it is, but Freddie giving up that relationship to avoid hurting Carly in the future is arguably the strongest moment of moral fibre on the show so far, and proves that Freddie cares deeply for Carly and their friendship beyond just his romantic attraction to her.
- He does it again during iStart A Fan War (caring deeply for Carly, not saving her life), after Sam screws up and Adam walks out, Freddie steps in to try and fix it for her.
- iReunite With Missy: Freddie giving up the six-month cruise around the world because he knows Missy isn't looking out for Carly's best interests, even if that means he has to keep dealing with Sam. However, with or without Missy in the picture, it's actually a good thing that Freddie gave up the cruise—as it turns out, the School at Sea-cruise isn't even close to being as glamourous as its advertised to be (such as taking place on a cargo ship instead of a luxury cruise liner). And in a nice bit of karma, Missy suffers from seasickness, making the trip even less enjoyable for her.
- iOMG: Carly and Freddie working together to help Sam get together with Brad dating.
- iParty With Victorious: YMMV as to whether this can be considered "heartwarming" but Freddie willing to stand up for Carly after she cried upon discovering Steven was actually cheating on her (even though she said he'd be "pound silly", she at least thanked him).
- iOwn A Restaurant: Freddie cutely asking Carly if they were too late to love each other. Their little lunch date. Setting up a study date in the hallway. Freddie helping Carly after she got flashblasted and finally Freddie protecting Carly from Spencer's attack robot.
- iGoodbye: Carly answers Freddie's question from iOwn A Restaurant by initiating a kiss with him. Freddie kisses her back, then celebrates as they leave the room. They might be apart for a while, but they won't be apart forever. Freddie and Carly finally get their happy ending, Carly is over the litany of jerks and bad relationships, and Freddie has the girl of his dreams, the one he treated so well, even when it meant he lost her for a time.
Sam and CarlySam and Carly fight more than Carly and Freddie have, but they always know they can depend on the other and that their friendship will survive any trial:
- Sam and Carly making up at the end of iQuit iCarly.
- Sam and Carly making up at the end of iDon't Want To Fight
- Sam attacking the bully who shoves Carly in "iMake Sam Girlier."
- In "iGot a Hot Room" when Sam comforts Carly after her room's been destroyed. Just the way she says "C'mere, kid." Also, while it may not have done anything to cheer up Carly (in fact, it seemed to make her more upset), but Sam's heart was at least in the right place when she offered to let Carly live with her and her mom, Pam, until her room was remodeled.
- A relatively small one but in "iShock America", Sam is shown holding Carly's hair back while she's vomiting.
Freddie and SamFreddie and Sam might bicker and argue, but they share moments that prove beyond doubt that they care deeply for each other, even if they don't want to admit to it publically. They have a strong friendship, and an undercurrent of romantic tension. They became a couple at the end of iLost My Mind:
- iKiss: Sam apologies to Freddie for publicly announcing he's never been kissed. They two share a tentative first kiss and basically reveal their "hatred" isn't really hatred at all.
- iReunite With Missy: Sam coming to Freddie for help, when Missy starts to steal Carly away from their friendship with an evil plot.
- And it's even more sweet when you realize Freddie gives up a six-month cruise around the world to help her. Enemies my butt.
- iMake Sam Girlier: Freddie announces that despite Sam causing him "physical and emotional pain," he thinks of himself and Sam as "good friends."
- iSaved Your Life: When Sam comes running to Spencer, forgetting about their paintball war screaming "Freddie's hurt!" Perhaps the only time Sam's shown concern for Freddie's physical well-being. Along with her bacon speech at the end because she doesn't want to see either of her friends hurt.
- iOMG: Freddie's speech of friendship towards Sam, to try and help her overcome what he believes is her inability to put herself out there to Brad.
- iLost My Mind: At the end of the episode, where Carly asks the iCarly fans what they think of Sam liking Freddie, and Freddie says that no one has even asked HIS opinion yet. Then, while Sam is worrying that he is about to embarrass her in front of the entire Internet as payback, he kisses her.
- iDate Sam And Freddie: They have two adorable kisses during the episode. They also put their arms around each other. They go on multiple dates. They share a smoothie together. Sam calls Freddie "Baby".
- As Carly said, though it was extreme for Sam to sticking bees in a teacher's car, it showed that Sam cares a lot about Freddie.
- iCant Take It: Sam and Freddie have two more adorable kisses. Freddie says "Hey Cuteness" to Sam and Sam replies "Lips, Please". It's quite heartwarming.
- Freddie refusing to be bribed with the palladium from his mom if it meant breaking up with Sam.
- Considering that bar was worth around $100,000, I'd say that's pretty sweet of him.
- Freddie forgives Sam for sabotaging his chances to get into that N.E.RD Camp when he realizes how truly sorry she was and that she really does love him.
- When Sam says that she no longer hits Freddie in the face. Awww.
- Freddie refusing to be bribed with the palladium from his mom if it meant breaking up with Sam.
- iLove You: Even if they end up breaking up after realizing that, ultimately, they just don't make a compatible couple, it was sweet seeing they "I love you" to each other, and it shows that even if they're truly not romantically interested in each other, Sam and Freddie ultimately love each other as friend.
- iBalls: Sam comforting a depressed Freddie (even though she's not trying that hard).
- Their friendship has become progressively less destructive and more genuine during the last two seasons.
Sam and Spencer
- iGoodbye. The entire everything that they did together in the episode.
- in iCook, when Spencer finally gets his hug from Nug Nug.
- In iBreak A World Record when he let's them share in his World Record after (accidentally) ruining their own attempt at it.
- Gibby coming to the rescue of the trio during iPsycho is an extremely badass moment of heart-warming.
- Freddie comforting Gibby in "iLost My Head in Vegas" after he "overdoses" on sugar.
- Anytime we get to see any interaction between Gibby and his little brother, Guppy (the actors who play Gibby and Guppy are actually brothers in real life).
- Sam and her mother, Pam, making up at the end of iSam's Mom
- "I guess I coulda had a worse kid." "(tearing up) You mean that?"
- Nevel's emotional apology at the end of iPity The Nevel. Despite the Yank the Dog's Chain, which may or may not have just been Played for Laughs, it's rather heartwarming to see the show's Big Bad repent and pull a HeelFace Turn like that.
- Spencer and Marty's friendship in "iBalls". Even more so when you consider that Spencer was willing to rent out his apartment to a disgusting man just to have enough money to pay Marty for being his assistant. And then there's this exchange:Sam: Dude, you don't need an assistant!Spencer: But Marty needs this job!
- Carly's speech in iStart a Fan War was really nice, and when she tried to change the fans for the better. The insane shippers deserve it.
- Carly's internet chat with her father in iMeet The First Lady, plus the fact that Sam, Freddie and Spencer made it possible.
- Also, Former First Lady Michelle Obama finds out about the chat, which was technically done by hacking. You'd assume that this means the iCarly gang would be in trouble? Far from it. She arranges a visit with Secret Service's help to visit Carly and offer support, since she knows how hard it is for families to be separated while their parents are serving. She then graciously appears on iCarly and joins in on the dancing.
- Doubling as a Funny Moment, T-Bone flirts with the First Lady and asks if Michelle is married. He then gets a Delayed Reaction on realizing who she is.
- This iGoodbye promo with the fans singing farewell to the show.
- The ending of iGoodbye, in which Carly watches a montage of iCarly webisodes from the series' beginning to its end as she is in her airplane.
- While she expresses appreciation for Gibby and Freddie's offer to take her to the dance after Spencer's unable to take her (which in itself is very sweet), the moment in which a tearful Carly laments not having anyone to go to the father-daughter dance, and then her father walks in through the door, completely dressed in uniform, and he says he will take Carly to the dance. Cue her cheerful response, the studio audience applauding, and the viewers at home weeping Tears of Joy.