Jay Ward (September 20, 1920 October 12, 1989) was the producer of classic cartoons such as Rocky and Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle and Hoppity Hooper. He and his partner, Bill Scott, also created Cap'n Crunch and other cereal mascots for Quaker Oats.
Works which Ward Created and/or Produced:
- Crusader Rabbit (Created with Alex Anderson)
- George of the Jungle (Created with Bill Scott)
- Hoppity Hooper (Produced)
- Rocky and Bullwinkle (Created with Alex Anderson and Bill Scott)
- Dudley Do-Right (originally a segment on Rocky and Bullwinkle, Ward produced it when it got its own show)
Tropes which appear in his works:
- Lemony Narrator
- Limited Animation: His animated shows tended to be this due to their low budgets. They made up for this with the quality of the writing.
- World of Pun: All of his work was this in spades. Rocky and Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle, all of them were just rife with puns. The narrator was especially fond of the "Tune in next time, when we hear Bullwinkle say..." variety.