Halina Reijn (born November 10, 1975 in Amsterdam) is an actress, writer and director from The Netherlands.
She is often regarded as one of the most brilliant Dutch actresses of her generation, having won multiple national awards such as the Dutch Film Award and the Golden Calf for Best Actress, and the Theo DOr and Theo Mann-Bouwmeesterring award for theatre.
She made her directorial debut in 2019 with the film Instinct, about Nicoline (Carice Van Houten), an experienced psychologist who works in a penal institution and starts an affair with Idris (Marwan Kenzari), a serial rapist, who appears to be ready to return to society.
- Zus & Zo (2001) as Bo Mendes
- Grimm (2003) as Marie
- De Passievrucht (2003) as Ellen
- Black Book (2006) as Ronnie
- Valkyrie (2008) as Margarethe von Oven
- In Therapie (2010, 3 episodes) as Lara
- Sintel (2010) as Sintel (voice)
- Goltzius and the Pelican Company (2012) as Portia
- Charlie (2013) as Charlie Bloem
- Conspiracy of Silence (2018) as Maggie Van Haal
Tropes and Trivia applying to her works:
- Foreign Remake: She has played in two Dutch remake series, In therapie (based on the Israeli series BeTipul, of which In Treatment is another foreign remake) and Charlie (the Dutch version of Nurse Jackie).
- Hospital Hottie: As Charlie Bloem in Charlie.
- Those Two Actresses: She has appeared with her longtime friend Carice Van Houten in De Passievrucht (Father's Affair), A Thousand Kisses, Black Book and Valkyrie (they were also both in In therapie but did not appear in the same episodes). In 2013, the two of them published a photography book together called Anti Glamour, a mock style guide and a celebration of their friendship. They occasionally kiss on camera, and have joked about being lesbians, although there is no actual romantic involvement. Carice also starred in the first film Halina directed, Instinct.