ThunderClan (Leaders and Deputies | Medicine Cats | The Three and Their Allies | Warriors and Apprentices | Other ThunderClanners) | ShadowClan | RiverClan | WindClan | SkyClan | Tribe of Rushing Water | Others | Dawn of The Clans
Medicine Cat: Jayfeather & Alderheart
Hunting Territory: Forest
Camp: Stone Hollow
Unique Battle Skill: Fighting in dense undergrowth
ThunderClan is the Clan a young kittypet named Rusty stumbled upon one day. After accepting their offer of kinship, he joined them and learned of loyalty and nobility. Rusty rose to become the great leader Firestar, and the Warrior Cats series has continued to follow ThunderClan. While the other Clans are named for their special skills, ThunderClan are named for their courage and strength. Although their skill is stalking prey, they are known to the other Clans as peaceful warriors who want to help others. Following the philosophy that honour and loyalty are more important than blood, ThunderClan has accepted several outsiders into their Clan. Although cats from all Clans, even ThunderClan itself, have prejudices against these outsiders, they will work tirelessly to overcome this hatred and bring peace to the Clans.
This page grew so large that it had to be split. You'll still find the general Clan tropes here, but the rest of the characters will be at a variety of pages listed below.
- Leaders and Deputies
- Medicine Cats
- The Three and Their Allies
- Warriors and Apprentices
- Other ThunderClanners
- Character Focus: ThunderClan are the main characters of Warrior Cats. Every single point of view character is connected to ThunderClan in some significant way. Firestar, Graystripe, Ravenpaw, Tigerstar, Yellowfang, Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, Leafpool, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, Dovewing, Ivypool, Alderheart, Twigbranch, and Bristlefrost were all full members of ThunderClan for at least some of their lives. Mistystar, Feathertail, Stormfur, Flametail and Shadowsight had ThunderClan blood. Leafstar, Crookedstar, Scourge, and Sasha all had their lives heavily influenced by a member or former member of ThunderClan, those being Firestar, Mapleshade, and Tigerstar twice respectively. Cloudstar is an ancestor of modern ThunderClan. Gray Wing is Thunder's uncle, and Clear Sky is Thunder's father.
- Enemy Mine: ThunderClan are quite willing to work with the other Clans are common threats. In The Last Hope, for example, they're the first Clan to propose an alliance.
- Fantastic Racism: Despite their heroism, even they don't always look too kindly on half-Clan cats or unions.
- Forever War: In the original series, ThunderClan and RiverClan constantly fought over the rights to Sunningrocks. The argument only ended when the Clans were driven out of the forest territories.
- The Hero: ThunderClan are often portrayed as the noblest and most just of the Clans.Rock: ThunderClan has always been the fiercest guardian of the warrior code. If another Clan breaks it, you'd think every ThunderClan warrior bleeds from the wound.
- Hit-and-Run Tactics: ThunderClan has a technique they call the Lightning Strike where they sneak up on the opponents, attack, flee into the trees, and then attack right away again when the enemies aren't expecting it yet (since "lightning doesn't strike twice in one place").
- It's Raining Men: The "Skydrop" move was developed by SkyClan but ThunderClan later starts using it.
- Mighty Glacier: They're generally big and strong, but can't move as swiftly as WindClan cats.
- Mixed Ancestry: ThunderClan is a pretty diverse Clan. Most ThunderClan cats have SkyClan blood because of how they took in Cloudstar's kits in Firestar's Quest, and since the beginning of Into the Wild, ThunderClan has taken in quite a few outsiders, such as kittypets and ShadowClan cats.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: After Brokentail is blinded and exiled from ShadowClan as punishment for his crimes, ThunderClan shows compassion to him by allowing him to live with them as an elder. He repays them by having his rogues stage an attack on the ThunderClan camp that will give Tigerclaw the the opportunity to get away with killing Bluestar and becoming leader.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Of the four Clans, ThunderClan cats are the most likely to break the rules if they feel it's necessary to do the right thing. Cinderpaw raided the Clan's store of herbs to cure two ill ShadowClan apprentices, and Fireheart and Graystripe took fish to the RiverClan cats when the Twoleg poisons were making them sick.
- Secret Art: The hunting crouch, used to catch prey.
- Treachery Cover Up: The Clan does not reveal Ashfur's treachery after Long Shadows, nor Tigerstar's after he is exiled in Forest of Secrets, possibly because it will make their Clan seem weak.