open/close all folders
SamA twelve-year-old boy who lives with his grandfather. He's friends with Shine, a sixteen-year-old boy.
- Children Are Innocent: He uses this trope to excuse his behavior.
- Little Bit Beastly: Like his Yandere High School counterpart, he's part bunny.
- Never My Fault: He blames Shine for being scammed by the monks instead of acknowledging that he ignored Shine's warnings.
- Only Friend: He's this to Shine.
- Pint-Sized Kid: He's noticeably shorter than Shine.
ShineA sixteen-year-old ninja who lives on his own.
- Anti-Hero: He steals from people, tries to offer Yumyei to Quakas and.
- Curtains Match the Window: Blond hair and gold eyes.
- Mr. Fanservice: He has a small frame, but he's actually quite muscular.
- Mr. Seahorse: He inadvertently becomes this due to touching Quakas' cursed totem.
- Only Sane Man: Despite his anti-heroic actions, he is aware of some things going on around him.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: He's able to see spirits that Sam is unable to see.
YumeiA strange little boy who stays with Sam and his grandfather.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents leave him alone for a few days. And he's just five years old.
- Pokémon Speak: The only thing he says is his name.
Papa MiyazakiSam's grandfather and legal guardian.
- Jerkass: He hates his ex-wife.
Granma GladisSam's grandmother and Papa Miyazaki's ex-wife.
QuakasQuakas is Sam and Shine's self-proclaimed uncle as well as a duck spirit.
- Greed: One of his running gags is that he wants a lot of money.
- Honorary Uncle: He may be this, depending on how true his claim to be Sam and Shine's uncle is.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He seems to be this with Borf.
BorfBorf is a frog spirit who likes to sell strange plants.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Seemingly with Quakas.