List of characters of Power Athlete
Joe (United States)The main character of the game. Joe is a martial artist from a small town in the U.S., who in one day received a visit from an old martial arts master, who advises him to travel the world to meet other masters, fight against them and learn their techniques.
- Flat Character: We don't know anything else about him, outside his motivation to fight against other warriors across the globe.
- Kamehame Hadouken: His only fireball attack is named, curiously enough, Kikouken.
- Shoryuken: An odd variation: His "Super Nova" is executed by jumping with a trail of energy in his body, while using both fists at the same time and jumping diagonally, instead of going upwards
- The Hero: He is the main character, and the only one you can control during all the game.
- To Be a Master: His main motivation to travel to around the world.
Warren (United States)A fighter from Hawaii, Warren is a grappler who fights with a loincloth made of plants and nothing else. His moves are named after surfing terms.
- Garden Garment: Wears a plant loincloth, outside using a headband and bands on his wrists, giving him a very wild look.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He is basically Hulk Hogan with white hair and a Hawaiian motiff.
- Theme Naming: His special moves are named after surfing terms, considering he lives in Hawaii and his stage is in the middle of the sea
Vagnad Rovnosky (Russia)A blue-skinned Russian fighter who is good at wrestling and has been jailed as a political prisoner in Siberia for some reason.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: His skin is blue, product of working almost naked in the cruel Siberian weather for years.
- Husky Russkie: You cannot get anything more Russian than a guy whose skin has turned blue after years of living in Siberia and being inhumanly strong as a result.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: And also turns your skin blue.
Buoh (Japan)A ninja assassin and a kabuki dancer, who fights using his long hair against his enemies.
- Creator Provincialism: Very downplayed here, as he is the only Japanese fighter here, in a very stark contrast with the three American fighters featuring in the game (Joe, Warren and Ranker)
- Dance Battler: Since he is a kabuki dancer, this is a given, albeit especially when using his hair attacks
- Fiery Redhead: Justified here, due to hsi job as a kabuki dancer.
- Improbable Weapon User: He whips you with his long, red hair.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "dancing king" in Japanese.
Nick (Spain)Another knife-welding assassin hailing from Spain and also a according with his backstory, a matador in his freetime. He is also notable for being one of two fighters using weapons, along Gauluon.
- Dance Battler: Many of his attacks are based on dancing, especially in breakdance.
- Knife Nut: He attacks you with knifes, not to mention he throws them against you.
- Romani: According in the backstory described in the English version, he is a gypsy, through he is never called as such in the Japanese version.
- Scars Are Forever: Nick has a nasty scar in his left eye for some reason.
- Toros y Flamenco: His entire gimmick, in a way, especially in his backstory. He even yells "Olé!" when he throws knives to you and in his victory pose.