Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | [Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
open/close all folders
- Beware the Nice Ones / Beware the Silly Ones: They are widely considered eccentric even by Equus' standards, if otherwise good people. Yet as the tropes below demonstrates, they are not to be trifled with. Harm the weak or insult their traditions, and they WILL drop-kick you into the ground.
- Icon of Rebellion: The nation's myths and history of masked wrestling became a rallying point for a revolution against their colonial conquerors and became ingrained in their national identity.
- Masked Luchador: An entire nation of them. And it all works, somehow.
- One-Man Army: Virtually EVEYRPONY in Luchalibre is a masked wrestler or can do wrestling. Many of them have super-powerful attacks or signature moves thanks to magic. You'll never imagine in a thousand years an invasion by the likes of the Storm Empire being beaten off by practically the entire adult population of the country, working together to tag-team and suplex the enemy.
- Planet of Hats: An entire country of masked wrestlers, and actually lives up to their rep and hype (especially after they learnt about the 'fakeness' of their Second Age predecessors and worked even harder to redeem their sacred sport/culture's reputation).
- The Revolution Will Not Be Vilified: Implied when they threw off their colonial conquerors. Their culture emphasizes honour as one of the 'Sacred Three' that made up their national ideology (Honour, Family, Tradition). Apparently they made such an impression with their former colonial masters their sport became popular there, reintroducing Masked Wrestling back into the world.
- Right Makes Might: Firmly believes this as part of the national ideology. To note, they abide strongly to a code of conduct which stresses 'Honour, Family and Tradition', and their entry shows they choose their leaders by meritocratic Trial by Combat in the rings. Their many sports-stars/heroes also help and fight for the weak and helpless.
- Shout-Out: Greatly inspired by ¡Mucha Lucha!, where just about everyone is a Masked Luchador. It's even the quote for the nation's entry, and their 'Sacred Three' ideology is ripped straight from the cartoon's sacred code of wrestlers.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: In Luchalibre, they had perfected the art of empowering their wrestling moves with magic, such that when they strike they can become legitimately super-powerful attacks. And since nearly every single Luchalibrean is a Masked Luchador, every single one of them is potentially a One-Man Army.
- World of Badass: In a world full of badasses, Luchalibre stands out in their own unique way. To note, everyone is a Masked Luchador, many of them capable of magically-empowered super-moves and attacks, and
- The World Is Always Doomed: Their land is frequently beset by the likes of evil villains, conquering empires, supernatural monsters and even alien invaders. Fortunately, everyone is a Masked Luchador and their heroes, if not the entire nation, can fight them off when they come.
El Saneighto Jr.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: Earth Pony/Luchador/Legacy Hero
"This guy is a freaking saint - a saint of wrestlers!"
Mascara, the First Mask