The posts can be viewed chronologically here.
This series contains examples of...
- Ascended to Carnivorism: The ponies gained sapience partially due to feeding on dairy and eggs (which is canon to the show).
- Ditto the Kirin, who are interpreted as semi-insectivores with musk deer canines.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The changelings are interpreted as large Four Legged Insects that are evolved to mimic ponies' appearance.
- Deconstruction Fic: This post discusses how dark the world of Equestria is when you think about it, and argues that Celestia is not as benevolent a ruler as she seems.
- Doing In the Wizard: Downplayed. While the creature anatomy is mainly based in reality, magic still exists in the world.
- Eat Dirt, Cheap: The dragons have powerful jaws and molars specialized for eating gemstones.
- Fingerless Hands: Averted. The ponies have specialized five-toed hooves used for grasping, unlike the nubby hooves in the show.
- Four-Legged Insect: The changelings. Justified, in that they evolved to mimic ponies.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The ponies are ponies In Name Only, with the proportions of a baby goat, rabbit-like faces, grasping hooves inspired by the feet of aardvarks, and (in later updates) manatee-like lips.
- Never Grew Up:
- Spike's growth is stunted and he is stuck in his infant size due to his incomplete diet.
- The changelings' "evil" forms are interpreted as their juvenile form, and Chrysalis prevented them from reaching their adult form by refusing them their full food source.
- Our Liches Are Different: Celestia is interpreted as a lich due to using magic to keep herself immortal.
- Pegasus: They are depicted with lobed membranous bat-like wings due to some x-rays in the show revealing that pegasi have bones in their wing feathers.