- Chris Redfield vs A Giant Boulder. CMOF and Narm also should be counted toward it. He punches a freaking boulder and somehow doesn't break his hand. To make the scene somewhat more credible, the boulder (nevermind how it actually got there) is in a volcano, so it's presumably made of pumice, which is much lighter than normal stone.
- Chris and Sheva confront Wesker in the bomber bay, only to have Wesker smile and flick off his sunglasses right at Chris. Then, he proceeds to calmly and effortlessly beat the crap out of both Chris and Sheva, before snatching his sunglasses out of Chris' fingers and casually putting them back on his nose. At that moment, you really get it: you cannot beat Wesker in a fair fight, period.
- Also in the same fight, you find out just how strong Chris is. Despite him not being able to take on Wesker in a fair fight, the fact that you can stagger the son of a bitch with a few punches will make you question just what Chris has been putting in his spinach.
- In a later confrontation with Wesker, a comment by Chris becomes a minor Moment of Awesome: "I've had enough of your BULLSHIT!"
- Sheva versus Wesker. He has Uroboros. She has a knife. Which she uses to stab him with seventeen times in the heart. Sheva Alomar stabs the Big Bad of the series seventeen fucking times in the heart. Also a non-fatal Heroic Sacrifice for Chris when he tells her to [attack] through him. And in that sequence, yes. Chris DOES take damage.
Chris: Suck on this, Wesker!Sheva: Your time's up, you son of a bitch!
- Chris and Sheva then finish Wesker off with two rocket launchers.
- Sheva gets quite an impressive moment near the start of the game. She and Chris have just reached a downed helicopter, and are ambushed by about half a dozen Majini on motorcycles, one of which uses a chain to snag Chris's leg. As Chris is being dragged away, Sheva fires one precise shot and blows through the chain. Pretty damn impressive considering that Chris is the renowned marksman and Sheva is the new character.
- The above gets followed up with Josh's epic Big Damn Heroes moment at the end of the first chapter. After Sheva's aforementioned awesome handgun shot, the Majini are still closing in, and Chris and Sheva are simply outmatched. Then, suddenly BOOM Headshot! One of the Majini drops dead, and BOOM another, and another, and another... cut to Josh, Sheva's Big Brother Mentor, on a nearby rooftop sniping the enemies with his SIG SG 556. He finishes the last one by blowing up its motorcycle
- Speaking of Chris's reputation as being a marksman, this game proves he's got those skills, most notably when shooting the bat caterpillar scorpion monster in the face while it's swooping down at high speed, and even more incredibly, landing a headshot on a Majini manning a Gatling gun on Irving's ship while Chris himself is on a tiny skiff being buffeted by river currents, at night. And he does both feats with a 92FS Beretta!
- When Chris and Sheva are trying to pull the parasite off Jill's chest, especially the moment when either Chris or Sheva restrains the seemingly crazed Jill and the other pulls the thing out, made more breath-taking by the camera angles.
- Josh's helicopter buddy Doug spends the entire mission endlessly hitting on Jill over the radio, as she and Josh fight through an army of Majini to get to the helipad. His arrival is delayed somewhat, but he more than makes up for it by landing on a nearby roof with bad teeth and a monster of a rifle, which he uses to open a can of whupass with (scoring consecutive headshots at one point). He's stopped only when a Majini hits him with a Stinger missile, forcing a distraught Josh to fly and evade a second missile from said Majini. The Mook doesn't get a third shot, however, because as he takes aim, he finds himself staring down the barrel of Doug's dropped SIG, currently being held by a very pissed off Jill Valentine, and that's the end of that.
- '''HERE'S BARRY!''' Age does not slow down Barry Burton as he kicks ass in Mercenary Reunion mode. He headbutts a zombie. Rebecca has a shotgun in one hand, machine gun in the other, enough ammo to wipe out every last Majini, can use fire to kill them, and smart enough to set up her inventory so she can insta heal. Distressed Damsel no more!
- After falling unconscious, having a parasite shot off her chest, and escaping psychological torture, Jill fights her way out of the facility alongside Josh, kicking in doors all the way.
Awesome / Resident Evil 5