- The people in the Uroboros facility in those pods. They are all people kidnapped from all over the world to be experimented on. If they're rejected, their bodies are dumped out. That one conveyor belt, you know that one, where they jump up to kill you? They're the experiments that are being dumped out. Mixing Tear Jerker and Nightmare Fuel together, they will never see their families again, are probably in agony, and half of them are being incinerated alive.
- The same happened to personnel in the labs. You can find an e-mail in which a scientist is glad to return soon to his friends and family. A couple levels later you will find a report on how all who worked here were put in coma by sleeping gas, terminated and cremated. Yes, everyone, including that scientist.
- What makes the Jill battle even more tearjerking is if you're playing as Chris and hit the action button (Square on the PS3, X on the XBOX 360, F on the PC) Chris begging Jill to stop this, but all the while she tries, but can't until Chris or Sheva rip the device off of her."I couldn't control my actions, but oh God, I was aware. Forgive me."
- Remember the documents you can read? Specifically Village Youth's Diary. It describes how people from the village became Majini through the eyes of one of them. Extremely sad and depressing tale which ends with a storyteller becoming Majini himself.
- Excella getting betrayed by Wesker and transforming into a monster.
- When you finish Lost in Nightmares, you will be shown the cutscene where Jill throws herself through the window, bringing Wesker with her, to save Chris's life. After the latter reaches out for his partner and calls out her name, you are rewarded with the results screen which has him doing just that with great sorrow visible on his face.
- The end of the Desperate Escape DLC. Helicopter pilot Doug bravely holds the line to give Josh and Jill ample time to escape just before he's blown to pieces by a Manjini's rocket.
- Josh Stone takes Doug's death extremely hard. Right after it happens, Josh punches the side of the helicopter and screams "SHIT" angrily before he's forced to take the controls.
- "He was...my friend". Josh sounds just so heartbroken.
- Jill sounds genuinely sincere and sweet as she tells Josh she's sorry for Doug's death and that he "was a brave soldier".
- And this beautiful and sober track plays as the result screen is shown. A bittersweet cherry for a bittersweet sundae.
Tear Jerker / Resident Evil 5