Toumei Shounen Tantei Akira (also known among English-speaking fans as Invisible Boy Detective Akira or Invisible Detective Akira) is a 1970 anime pilot episode by Knack Productions. Like with Knack Productions' several other shows, this is infamous for its weird plot and questionable quality and got attention along with Chargeman Ken!'s memetic popularity.
Toumei Shounen Tantei Akira provides examples of:
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: When the naked, invisible Akira is revealed by the Team Z leader's Eye Beams, he's drawn without nipples or genitals.
- Invisibility: Akira is a detective who can turn invisible under his clothes, including a mask and gloves, which he uses to help him investigate cases.
- Invisible Streaker: Akira can turn invisible under his clothes and strips them off to use his power. The clothes also seem to include a mask.
- Latex Perfection: The Team Z leader disguises himself as Prime Minister Tanaka at the start of the show by wearing a mask, and while in the museum, he kills a security guard and steals the Mona Lisa. His true identity is revealed as he escapes the scene and pulls off his mask.
- Left for Dead: After getting captured, Akira gets left to die at a mountain with birds attacking him. He escapes and turns invisible as he jumps off a cliff.
- Pilot: The show only exists as a 14-minute pilot.
- True Sight: The Team Z leader uses Eye Beams to see the invisible Akira after he's snuck into the base.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: At one point, Akira gets caught by Team Z and strapped to a table, with a laser moving towards his crotch. The laser gets stopped before it can do any damage, however.
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left: The Team Z leader escapes by helicopter after being caught and about to be arrested.