Everyone remember that classic story of Journey to the West, where 3 travelers help a monk to right their misdeeds?
Chinyuki: Taro To Yukaina Nakama Tachi is a parody of Journey to the West, where an assassin by the name of Taro Yamada is trying to right his misdeeds by travelling with a monk. Taro's misdeeds were essentially assassinating tons of people and pooping on their graves. A monk saw him and cursed him into a baby-monkey-hybrid-thing. With the help of the Monk, Taro has to battle demons and other weird anomalies to help regain his human form. The series was eventually cancelled after disturbing Weekly Shonen Jump's demographic.
Eventually the series was revived with Chinyuki 2 in the Business Jump magazine, where the story was essentially the same but Taro Yamada's baby-esque form was replaced by E-Taro, who was essentially a business man/nerd stereotype.
This series provides examples of:
- Art Shift: The series can go from simple sketches to extremely detailed close-up shots.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Some of the demons and yokai are monstrously huge.
- Cloudcuckoolander: a ton of the characters, with Taro himself being the biggest.
- Fan Disservice: Nude old people...
- Gag Series
- Gonk: Almost every single friggin' character!
- Gross-Out Show: A big reason why it was cancelled the first time.
- Large Ham: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TARO YAMADA!
- Manchild: Taro is a literal, cursed version of this.
- Naked People Are Funny: Happens a lot, to almost any character, no matter the age or gender.
- Never Mess with Granny: When possessed by demons, Babaa can be quite deadly.
- Power Creep, Power Seep: Despite being in a baby-like form, he can still attack hoards of people at once!
- Primal Chest-Pound: Taro loves doing this.
- Recycled In Space: Chinyuki 2, just like the first series BUT FOR BUSINESS TYPES!
- Toilet Humor: Taro pooped on his enemy's graves. And that's just the beginning...
- Token Mini-Moe: The young girl known as Daughter. Lots of bad stuff happens to her...
- Widget Series
- World of Ham