This thread is for requesting edits or unlocks to Locked Pages or for requesting locks. It can also be used for technical requests to moderators such as creating new pages in the Main/ and other restricted namespaces without going through YKTTW. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
Please see Examples Are Not Arguable. Dear lord, that article needs a ton of work — it's loaded with Zero Context Examples. Trope Maker and Trope Codifier also belong in Trivia, not the main page.
edited 15th Apr '13 8:23:13 AM by Fighteer
Yeah, I just remembered the arguable thing. How about "One of his signature elements, which he helped popularize for the Nineties Anti-Hero"
Much better. Entered.
Please add to the Monster.Live Action TV page under the Highlander: The Series section
- Morgan Walker is unique amongst other Highlander villains in that he's been a slaver for centuries. While Walker once dealt in the Atlantic Slave Trade, in modern times he uses his job as a modeling agent to capture young women for the sex trade. In prior years, Walker had an attachment to a slave named Charlotte, but after he suspected she had an affair, he killed her throwing her out of a high window and displays no remorse for her death. When hunting Methos, the immortal she had the affair with, Walker also kidnaps the daughter of Methos's good friend with full intention to kill or sell her should her father not betray Methos.
On the page Characters/TheBible, remove "Bees My God" from under "Deborah." Thank you.
Add to Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil (moved from Rape as Backstory):
- In one The Destroyer book, a minor antagonist sincerely believes that it is not only the right, but the duty, of a true man to have sex with a woman when the opportunity presents itself, regardless of what she feels about it. He even adds that he's raped several lesbians just to "show them what they're missing out on". This serves to establish, very heavy-handedly, how utterly morally bankrupt the character is, so you'll cheer when the protagonists kill him in grisly fashion later.
And you can add Literature/ to that.
I now go by Graf von Tirol.
Requesting an edit on Pædo Hunt: In the Video Game section it says "The in-game internet in Grand Theft Auto IV includes a Schmuck Bait website titled "Lil' Lacey's Birthday Surprise." Visiting it immediately grants the player a 4-star wanted level." It should say "Little Lacy Surprise Pageant" instead of "Lil' Lacey's Birthday Surprise." Moreover, the player gets a 5-star wanted level, not a 4-star as it currently states. Thanks!
A Wizard boy
Do I guess correctly that Confirmed YKTS is an archive page and should be locked as such?
Minor thing on Final Fantasy VII's character sheet. [= =] can be put on all the / in the tropes. Also, in Zack Fair's Love Makes You Dumb/Love Makes You Crazy entry, it is suggested that 2nd class SOLDIER Kunsel was ready to help Zack and Cloud and Kunsel had A LOT of inside knowledge of Shinra. Besides, finding someone in the slums of Midgar is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Hell, they crushed all of Sectro 7 just to try and kill them and they STILL failed. "It is suggested that 2nd class SOLDIER Kunsel was ready to help Zack and Cloud and Kunsel had A LOT of inside knowledge on Shinra." That can go in a bullet point under Love Makes You Dumb. Edit: Also, for some unknown reason this happened: "For Science! and the Evulz: He". Someone used an "and" instead of a slash which is weird...
edited 16th Apr '13 9:58:11 AM by Thecommander236
On Monster, could we add:
- Whilst Your Mileage May Vary greatly as to whether or not he was being entirely serious, or, if he was, his characterization is justified, Jack London's infamous diatribe The Scab paints all strikebreakers as complete monsters so heinous even the Christian cosmology turns against them:
edited 16th Apr '13 9:57:29 AM by Achaemenid
Schild und Schwert der Partei
A Wizard boy
That page is unlocked.
Do you mean Monster.Literature rather than Literature.Monster? In which case, though the page is indeed unlocked (should it be?), has that example been run through the discussion thread? It sounds as though it might fall afoul of both the "No Groups" and the "No Real Life Examples" rules. (Also, don't use Your Mileage May Vary when writing examples, ever. It either violates Examples Are Not Arguable (or marks a Justifying Edit) or is redundant if the trope or page is already subjective.)
edited 16th Apr '13 10:18:55 AM by mlsmithca
5260, 5261, 5263: Done. Confirmed YKTS is added to Locked Pages as well. 5264: Not doing that one until whichever work it's supposed to be for gets sorted out.
Lol. Wilbyr, you left spaces before and after the [=/=] in this line "For Science! [=/=] For the Evulz".
On the Headscratchers/FalloutNewVegasArchive1 page, please change NamesToRunAwayFromVeryFast to Names to Run Away from Really Fast. Thank you.
We can't edit archives. Although what bothers me about it is that most of those are from Headscratchers, WMGs and the like...
I now go by Graf von Tirol.
Huh. Why is that?
A Wizard boy
Moderators can edit archives, but under policy archives are meant to stay as they are.