- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
- Sacred Cow: Although the disallowing of YouTube comments on her videos might suggest that she's preventing more Internet Backdraft, there's a substantial amount of people who believe that she has done all she can to shield herself from any criticism whatsoever. Her fans and those who agree with her messages and use her videos as a means to start discussions seem to also not be able to stand when the discussion turns to her, her style, and her fact checking on her videos. Even Constructive Criticism can be met with substantial Fan Dumb. This is actually justified, as there have been several counter videos to her "Tropes vs. Women" videos that not only have this kind of Internet Backdraft to them, but also highlight some comments that they have received from Anita supporters that have been just as bad of a Backdraft when the videos have been constructive. Any attempt to bring up her Bayonetta video, her college thesis, or her TED conference speech, is met with the same amount of Fan Dumb.
edited 23rd Mar '13 10:43:26 PM by darkpowrjd
edited 23rd Mar '13 10:22:43 PM by videogmer314
edited 23rd Mar '13 10:23:38 PM by EarlOfSandvich
- Lolth from Forgotten Realms is the goddess of the Drow, as well as the goddess of spiders and chaos. Once a member of the Elven pantheon, the Seldarine, and named Araunshee, Lolth betrayed the Seldarine out of growing malice, discontent, and lust for power. She betrayed her husband, the chief elven God Corellon Larethian to his enemy, the Orc God Gruumsh and tried to help the destruction of the Seldarine. When she failed, Lolth fled to the Demonweb Pits and led her chosen race, the Drow, into the Underdark,becoming a twisted and cruel goddess. Lolth would soon trick her own grandson into absorbing the essence of a demon lord to corrupt him into serving Lolth as her champion forever. Lolth had the Drow establish a society absolutely built on sadism and backstabbing, solely for her own pleasure, with cruel edicts consisting of demands for the sacrifice of every newborn male child at birth and demands for her priestesses to carve out the hearts of males they grow too fond of. What sets Lolth apart from other evil Gods is that she cares nothing for her race or her worshippers, viewing them as merely tools for power. For her own amusement, she will capriciously withhold her favor from loyal Drow just for the pleasure of seeing them die. Lolth has nothing less than genocidal fury towards all surface elves and routinely directs her followers to murder them. After becoming more powerful, Lolth proceeded to purge the Drow pantheon of other deities, ending her victory by destroying her own daughter, Eilistraee with savage glee.
edited 24th Mar '13 2:01:37 PM by Nocturna
edited 24th Mar '13 5:53:56 PM by Willbyr
edited 25th Mar '13 10:16:56 AM by Hermiethefrog
edited 25th Mar '13 10:41:46 AM by Willbyr