The Scrappy Universe - Interest Check/Signups:
- Personality: (Original personality, and any tweaks you might have made to it before their arrival)
- Power/Skills: (Please nothing above Super Weight 3 if they have powers. If you really want a character above that then they can be nerfed down so they can be accepted).
- Background: (Up to the point where they've been transported into this world, which can be anywhere in the course of their story).
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title:
- Any other important information:
- Name: Jar Jar Binks
- Age: ?
- Series: Star Wars prequals (which I despise).
- Species: Gungun (the entire species consists of Scrappies!).
- Appearance: Gungan, which is a giant space rabbit/frog hybrid.
- Personality: Clumsy, stupid, loud-mouthed and just plain obnoxious. Soon after Jar Jar arrives in this world, a robotic implant will be planted into his brain, which will make him have sharper reflexes and be less stupid. The increased intelligence will cause Jar Jar to become quieter and less annoying.
- Power/Skills: The implant gives him sharp reflexes and knowledge on computers and technology. His inteligence score is still below average, but not notably so unlike in Star Wars.
- Background: Banished from Otto Gunga because he was clumsy and wrecked some ships. He became a Gungan general, and Senator of Naboo.
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title: Not only is he incredibly annoying, but he manages to become a General and Senator despite his stupidity and clumsiness, and the other characters don't find him as annoying as he should be.
- Any other important information: I considered roleplaying Anakin Skywalker as a mature, heroic character (not an emo, whiny Designated Hero), but rescuing Jar Jar seems much more interesting.
edited 23rd Apr '12 9:00:11 PM by CrazyDawg
- Name: Steve Burnside
- Series: Resident Evil (Code: Veronica and Darkside Chronicles).
- Species: Human.
- Appearance: Here he is.◊
- Personality: Stubborn, tempermental, distrustful and often condescending to others due to it. After he meets Claire and sorts out his trust issues he eventually becomes a little better. I'll be focusing more on his Darkside Chronicles portrayal; still has trust issues, but is much nicer once he opens up, and is more prone to Lampshade Hanging.
- Power/Skills: He can pilot a plane and is a good shot with weapons. Living in the RE verse has also made him a good puzzle solver.
- Background: His dad worked as a mole, but was found out by the company. His wife was then killed and Steve imprisoned, but he later escaped and met Claire. He later had to shoot his zombified father. Ended up in this world just before he and Claire ended up in Antarctica.
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title: Being a prick to the main character, taking key items for himself, occasionally acting The Millstone and having really bad voice acting.
edited 24th Apr '12 8:51:06 AM by whizzerd
- Name: Sam Puckett
- Series: iCarly
- Age: 16
- Gender: female
- Species: Human
- Appearance: Ain't she cute? Don't let appearances fool you.
- Personality: Lazy, obnoxious, sneaky and intimidating. However she's very loyal to those she cares about and does have a nice side albeit a deeply buried one.
- Powers/Skills: Stronger than she looks, she has beaten opponents twice her size and more, ripped chain locks off doors, pulled Carly up a collapsing fire escape one handed. Is generally a good fighter and also good at conning people. Oh and she can pick locks.
- Reason for being a Base Breaker: Basically, she's a borderline sociopath on a kids show. And now she's without Carly around to restrain her.
edited 26th Apr '12 5:31:20 AM by tricksterson
- Name:Dawn Summers
- Age: 15
- Series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Species: Human and/or the Key (essentially a massive ball of energy)
- Appearance: Right here.◊
- Personality: Strong-willed and confident like her old sister, but with none of the awesome powers. Also like her sister, she has a bit of sarcastic streak. After her family started dropping like flies, she developed large abandonment issues, branching into kleptomania.
- Power/Skills: She's just your typical human (or human-shaped ball of energy), bordering on The Load. Being the Key, her blood opens dimensional portals to every other universe, bringing destruction to the world. It is unclear if this is still possible.
- Background: In the year 2000, the Order of Dagon, tasked with protecting the Key, used powerful magics and the Slayer's own essence to change the Key into a human girl and keep it away from the hell goddess Glorificus. The Key was then sent to the only person who could protect it, the slayer Buffy Summers. Reality and memories were altered, and the Key was placed seamlessly into the lives of Buffy and friends as Buffy's younger sister Dawn. No one, not even Dawn, knew, believing the lies the monks implanted. Despite the effort, Glorificus, on her mad quest to return home no matter the cost, tracked Dawn down. Buffy tried her hardest to keep Dawn safe, killing Glory, but the ritual had started and Dawn's blood was opening the way into other dimensions. To keep her sister safe and the world from destruction, Buffy sacrificed herself, leaving Dawn with no living family.
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title: Initially disliked for coming out of nowhere, uselessness, and being portrayed as way more childish than she should be. After the events of season five, she was disliked for being even more useless and extremely whiny.
- Any other important information: Okay. So I'm not the strongest writer, but I'd like to give this a try. If at any point my stuff becomes too unbearable, just let me know.
edited 25th Apr '12 6:30:08 PM by Chrisham2
edited 3rd May '12 5:33:32 PM by Shadowbell
- Name: Kobra
- Age: 29
- Series: Mortal Kombat
- Species: Human
- Appearance: If you're not a member of the Black Dragon clan, I'm gonna have to finish you!◊
- Personality: Kobra is obsessed with violence and brutality. Since he never actually gets to kill any other playable characters, here his personality will shift. Because Kobra looks like he could easily fill the "Wangst-y Copycat Sue" mold, here his personality will include whining every time he doesn't get his way. This includes things like not getting the exact number of pieces of pepperoni he wanted on his pizza or the water being too wet. This interpretation will also be a mild kleptomaniac.
- Powers/Skills: Kobra is skilled in kickboxing and in causing Machete Mayhem. He can also use chi to throw balls of fire, enhance his strikes with flame, and teleport behind people, leaving only smoke behind. However, he cannot teleport very far. In the intro to Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, he is seen some twenty feet in the air engaged in hand-to-hand combat, so it can be assumed he figured out how to jump that high. He can only extend how long he is in the air if he actually hits things.
- Background: Kobra was a promising young martial artist who was curious as to how much damage he could actually do. So he took his martial arts to the streets of Manhattan, where there would be no instructors to restrain him. At first, he started taking on gangbangers and drug dealers, but his bloodlust soon grew. He started intentionally killing his opponents and became indiscriminate about who he killed. Soon, he found himself looting convenience stores and gas stations. When the police finally ended this crime spree, his trip to jail was interrupted when a masked man with hookswords and incredible speed, aided by an agile woman with daggers in her hands throwing purple projectiles, slew the officers detaining Kobra and rescued him. Kobra became an Elite Mook, third in command of the Black Dragon clan. From then on, he sought to kill another kombatant, but failed every time. He joined the Forces of Darkness in the Battle of Armageddon, hoping he would finally get to kill, but when he gets there, he finds himself defeated multiple times. This is what leads to his ending up in the Scrappy Universe.
- Reason for being The Scrappy: He's a Captain Ersatz of Ken Masters, but with a boringly by-the-book Chaotic Evil personality.
edited 5th May '12 7:57:15 PM by mellochan42
- Name: Shinji Matou
- Age: 17ish
- Series: Fate/stay night
- Species: Human,Mage
- Appearance: What a jerk.◊
- Personality: Egotistical,chauvinist,arrogant,rude,perverted Smug Snake, Dirty Coward and an inferiority complex the size of Jupiter
- Power/Skills: Absurdly incompetent mage.
- Background: A descendant of a dying magus family. Wants to prove himself. Regularly rapes sister.
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title: Did you see his personality?
- Any other important information: This is pre-Fate Shinji...
edited 12th May '12 4:27:27 AM by DeathChariot
- Name: Pan
- Age: 14*
- Series: Dragon Ball (GT)
- Species: 3/4 Human - 1/4 Saiyan hybrid
- Appearance: Here we go.◊
- Personality: A tomboyish thrillseeker who wants to prove she's just as tough as the rest of her family, which can unfortunately make her come off as something as a brat at times. She's not without her softer side, though, and can be quite the girly-girl if given the chance. Even then, she's still brash, outspoken and prone to thinking with her heart before her brain. She also loves a good fight; must be due to her Saiyan blood.
- Power/Skills: Super strong, super fast, super durable and capable of flight through control of ki. Her family are all skilled martial artists, and she is no exception. She has trained to be able to utilise blasts of ki as protectile attacks, the most powerful being her family's trademark Kamehameha, her father's inherited technique the Masenko, and her own Shinkuu-Kikoken. Thankfully for the balance of this game she is incapable of transforming into a Super Saiyan, and her Saiyan blood is so thin that she does not recieve the power boost they usually get when recovering from a near-fatal injury*.
- Background: The granddaughter of two martial arts legends, the daughter of potentially the most powerful being in the universe, and descended from the alien warrior race known as the Saiyans, the blood of warriors flows through Pan's veins. She spent a lot of her childhood with her grandfather Goku, who helped train her in the martial arts. After a wish made on the Black Star Dragonballs reverted Goku to childhood, she set off with him and another Saiyan-Human hybrid across the galaxy to retrieve the balls, for if they were not returned to Earth in one year the planet would be destroyed.
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title: Apparently many found her bratty and annoying, and felt that she took up too much screen time from other, more popular characters. Added to this is the fact that, due to numerous plot holes and inconsistencies, GT is seen as discontinuity by a very vocal part of the fanbase*.
- Any other important information: ...Yes, she's a Dragonball character. But! Bare with me for a moment. She's not going to be pretty much Superman here. She is one of the weaker characters in the series, after all, and even then she's probably not going to be as strong or fast as she is in the show.
edited 11th May '12 1:35:17 PM by Moerin
- Name: Shadow the Hedgehog
- Age: +50 (physically somewhere in his late teens/early twenties)
- Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
- Species: Anthropomorphic hedgehog/alien thing...?
- Appearance: ZOMG U GUIZE SOO EDGY!◊
- Personality: Perpetually grumpy and doesn't talk much to people he doesn't like, although he will grudgingly accept the company of children. He has a bit of a superiority complex as well, sometimes referring to himself as "The Ultimate Lifeform".
- Power/Skills: Can run faster than the speed of sound (although this will be nerfed), is extremely strong, and can teleport, fire energy projectiles, and is virtually indestructible due to Chaos energy. He's good with virtually any kind of firearm or motorcycle. Can remove the inhibitor bracelets around his arms for an extra power boost, although this tires him out greatly afterwards.
- Background: Was created in a lab by scientist Dr. Gerald Robotnik. When the military judged him and the experiments there to be a threat, they ordered in troops, and his only friend, Maria, was shot and killed as she evacuated him to safety. He has since made frenemies/arch-rivals with Sonic, and has gone on to save the world from Dr. Eggman and [Insert Monster Here] many times.
- Reason for Scrappy/Base Breaker title: Shadow was a cool character that put an interesting spin on things and made playing the game more fun... in Sonic Adventure 2. And from then on, he was a whiny, Wangsty, Flanderised pile of asshole that existed solely to steal screentime from the main characters and make the series seem more "edgy". He totes guns for no apparent reason, even though logically he should hate them, and the character development he got in SA2 is mysteriously missing in all other titles that follow it. Also voiced by Jason Griffith after Sega axed David Humphrey, his original voice actor.
- Any other important information: I was this close to playing as Chris Thorndyke, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. This will be post-Unleashed Shadow.
edited 11th May '12 2:01:46 PM by GameSpazzer