Western Animation: The Brothers Flub
One of the most obscure cartoons ever. It never seemed to catch on, lasting a full 26 episodes from January 1999 to January 2000 on Nickelodeon note . The show focused on a pair of blue alien brothers named Guapo and Fraz Flub, both different shades of blue. Guapo is fat and eager, while Fraz is skinny and panicky. The two worked as couriers for a company called Retrograde and traveled to various worlds with unusual quirks. These included a planet so small that one of them swallowed it, one that featured a lifesize pinball machine, and one inhabited by beatnik aliens.Although it was met with a decent amount of commercial tie-ins, including toys at fast food chains and appearances in ads for Macy's, the show never caught on. What few critics paid it any mind didn't think that it was anything good.
- Aliens Speaking English: Entire cast.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Guapo and Fraz are shades of blue. Their boss, Tarara Boomdeyay, is green. Other characters include the purple Valerina and the orange Squish.
- Catch Phrase: Fraz. "It's all part of my master plan."
- Cowardly Lion: Fraz.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: Fraz used the word "doom" in nearly every episode. One of the show's video collections is titled "Doom Wears Funny Tights!"
- Fat and Skinny: The titular brothers.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Guapo sometimes lapses into this. Heck, his name is Spanish for "handsome".
- Living Ship: The Hoog, the spaceship that the Flubs drive, is addressed as a living being. It even has a tongue for a bay door.
- Now Which One Was That Voice?: The credits list the voice actors, but don't say who voiced which character.
- Planet of Hats: every planet that retrograde makes deliveries to is a particular hat planet. For example:
- a planet of wrestlers.
- a planet of people with giant hands for heads.
- an arctic planet of snowmen who're prejudice towards those with hands (Hand Shakers!).
- a prehistoric themed planet.
- Punny Name: Tarara Boomdeyay is named for a kids' novelty song.
- Surreal Theme Tune: The theme song is nothing but off-key "na na na"s with an occasional "flub" thrown in.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Guacamole for Guapo.
- Two Shorts
- Unusual Euphemism: "Bejabbers!" (which caught a second life on the also short-lived Dave the Barbarian)
- Yet Another Christmas Carol
- You Gotta Have Blue Fur: Confirmed as fur in one episode.