Bureau of Alien Detectors, or B.A.D., was a 1996 animated series. In it, aliens have invaded the earth. A carefully selected and trained group of five people called the Phalanx Squad, monitor, control, and battle the alien visitors. But some people in the Bureau may have hidden agendas of their own concerning what to do with the aliens.For being a kid's cartoon, it had surprising depth to its characters and a well-written plot. It didn't last long, however, only 13 episodes on UPN Kids.
Tropes used by the series:
- Five-Man Band- as outlined in the theme/intro:
- Glowing Eyes: Casey, when using her psychic powers.
- Super Strength: Gained by Moose along with the ability to mold into different shapes and forms.
- Weaksauce Weakness: When making an unstoppable zombie army,it's a good idea to ensure that the one thing that will kill them doesn't exist naturally in the atmosphere. It was Oxygen
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Often, the more human-like an alien is the better it will be treated, but they do subvert the trope too.
- Zombie Apocalypse: One episode features aliens stealing the corpses of veterans and reviving them to form a zombie army.