Bureau of Alien Detectors
, or B.A.D.
, was a 1996 animated series
. In it, aliens have invaded the earth. A carefully selected and trained group of five people called the Phalanx Squad, monitor, control, and battle the alien visitors. But some people in the Bureau may have hidden agendas of their own concerning what to do with the aliens.
For being a kid's cartoon, it had surprising depth to its characters and a well-written plot. It didn't last long, however, sadly it ran only 13 episodes
Tropes used by the series:
- Bad Butt: Ben Packer, or heck, all the team.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Ben Packer, full stop.
- Five-Man Band- as outlined in the theme/intro:
- The Hero: Ben Packer, military war hero and squadron leader;
- The Lancer: Shane Sanderson, despite being the life science expert fits this role;
- The Smart Guy: Colin Marcus, computer specialist
- The Big Guy: Moose Tengauneau, alien attack survivor;
- The Chick: Casey Taylor, psychic communicator.
- Glowing Eyes: Casey, when using her psychic powers.
- The Medic: Agent Shane Sanderson.
- Psychic Powers: Agent Casey Taylor has them.
- Skunk Stripe: Agent Casey Taylor has it.
- Super Strength: Gained by Moose along with the ability to mold into different shapes and forms.
- Weaksauce Weakness: When making an unstoppable zombie army,it's a good idea to ensure that the one thing that will kill them doesn't exist naturally in the atmosphere. It was Oxygen
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Often, the more human-like an alien is the better it will be treated, but they do subvert the trope too.
- Zombie Apocalypse: One episode features aliens stealing the corpses of veterans and reviving them to form a zombie army.