Simba È Nato Un Re
AKA Simba the King Lion
was an Italian animated series from 1995 that can be summed up as The Lion King
meets The Jungle Book
with some small additional fantasy elements.
After the lion king is shot by hunters, the other animals of the jungle decide to work together to raise his orphaned lion cubs, including his favorite son, Simba. Simba and his siblings end up being raised by a wolf along with a deer named Buckshot, who had also previously lost his parents to hunters. It turns out the tiger Shere Khan was the one who arranged the death of Simba's father so he could be the king of the jungle, and he wishes to capture Simba with the help of his minions.
This show provides examples of:
- Badass Adorable: Both Simba and Buckshot when they are kids.
- Berserk Button: Toy gets rather angry if you happen to lose his/her ball.
- Marked Change: Both Simba and Buckshot get this after receiving their star gifts, with Simba gaining stars on his chest in the shape of the Big Dipper, and Buckshot receives a similar gift but with leaves instead of stars.
- Mushroom Samba: The second episode has Simba and Buckshot eating some plants that cause them to halluncinate, making them see each other as adults and attacking random plants, apparently thinking they are fighting Shere Khan and the hunters.
- The Owl-Knowing One: Augustine the owl.
- Series Continuity Error: Episode 23 has Thin and XL claim to be afraid of water after their experience of being washed up in the jungle, yet in an earlier episode, they jumped into the river to get Toy's ball back without any problem.
- Strong Family Resemblance: In the last few episodes, Simba's son looks exactly like he did when he did as a cub at the beginning of the series, while his daughter resembles one of his sisters. Buckshot's son also looks exactly like he did when he was younger.