Western Animation: Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater
Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater is a 1987 animated series staring everyone's favorite, Hello Kitty!The main premise of the series is that Hello Kitty and her friends preforming plays of either retelling classic fairy tales note , storybooks note , or parodying various films. note This is the only Hello Kitty show that's done outside of its home country, though the animation is done in Japan.You can watch the whole series on Hulu
Furry Tale Theater contains examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In "Grinder Genie and the Magic Lamp," Sultana Catnip says the penalty for Grandpa Kitty not paying his taxes would be the taking away of his houseboat, the taking of his children to be her slaves, and having to do homework every night.
- Canon Foreigner: Catnip and Grinder.
- Composite Character: In "Cat Wars", Grandpa Kitty's role is a mix of Obi-Wan and Yoda.
- Dumb Jock: Grinder's not the sharpest knife by a long shot, and he usually wears a number 0 jersey which implies this.
- How Scrinchenip Stole Christmas
- Green Eyes /Green-Eyed Monster: Catnip.
- Mismatched Eyes: Grinder has one eye that's black bead, and one detailed eye.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Grinder normally acts as The Dragon to Catnip whenever she is the main antagonist of plays, but when he' not acting he's a sweet-natured Gentle Giant.
- Off Model: While the animation is incredibly smooth for an eighties cartoon, there are some moments where certain parts of a character look kinda off. (eg. Catnip's eyes, miscolored arms)
- Off to See the Wizard: The show did this with the story "Wizard of Paws."
- The Teaser: In most episode, there's a prologue of what the characters are doing before the show starts. These actions will be used or mentioned in the play. For example, in "KT", some of the cast members were eating cookies that were meant for the show. Grandpa Kitty had to replace them with wooden replacements, but Sam later spit them out, saying they taste like wood.
- Type Casting: Catnip lampshades her In-Universe typecasting when she complains about how she's always a villainess like a witch and would just like to be the lead for once.