An adventure series for preschoolers, Animal Mechanicals presents us to a place like no other, a "snap-together-take-apart" world were everything transforms.In this world the Animal Mechanicals; Rex, Unicorn, Komodo, Mouse and Sasquatch, are faced each day with a new mission from Island Owl, and are sent to help the inhabitants of their world. Each adventure has a variety of small challenges to overcome on the road to "Mission Accomplished". The challenges vary requiring the Animal Mechanicals to use their wide array of unique transforming "Mechana" abilities to finish the job.No, this has nothing to do with Marilyn Manson. Thankfully.
This show features examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: A lot of time, the mission goes off track because easily-distracted Sasquatch has trouble paying attention to what he's doing; usually, Komodo winds up getting inconvenienced by this.
- Big Eater: When Sasquatch's belief that he can muscle his way through things despite whatever buzzing noise to the contrary Komodo might make don't slow down the team, Rex's appetite does.
- Calling Your Attacks: Calling your skills
- Nerd Glasses: Komodo's eyes are shaped like these.
- Oblivious to His Own Description: Certain situations will elicit a conversation like this:Team: If only we had someone who could stretch that far... (everyone turns to Sasquatch, resident Rubber Man)Sasquatch: Yeah... but who could that possibly be? (beat) I know! The Mighty Sasquatch can stretch that far!
- The Owl-Knowing One: Island Owl always gives the team their daily mission.
- Running Joke: Komodo warns Sasquatch of something, he does it anyway, and he repeats what Komodo said.
- Super Senses: Mouse's radar dish ears gives her super hearing.