Web Video / Guru Larry And Wez
Originally from Screwattack.com, these two guys from The Midlands
provide voice-over top-10 countdowns related to popular video games. Can be found here
- Badass Baritone: Even if he didn't have his accent, no one would deny that Larry has a killer speaking voice.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Invoked in the intro to "Games Yanks Can't Wank" when the theme song suddenly takes a Shocking Swerve to a darker tone:
Would you like to be my friend
I don't have many friends
- The Cameo: The usual musical intro for "Games Yanks Can't Wank" features the appropriately British Billy Kane, Cammy White and Narcis Prince.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Wez does this at the start of "Top Ten Overhyped Shite Games":
Wez: We're not on TV any more, we can say what the fuck we want! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!
- Crossover: Has done several joint reviews with Stuart Ashen in which they look at board games based on video games.
- Curse Cut Short:
- During his retrospective of DuckTales, Larry concedes that the game had a sequel, "but it was a pile of shi-".
- A visual example from Larry's retrospective of Art Alive; one of the pictures Larry draws with the game includes text saying "ART ALIVE IS SH".
- Fourth Wall Greeting: A common introduction to his videos.
- Shout-Out: Boggle Flash (Ahhhhh!)
- Everyone Has Standards: At the end of Apaches there's a list of names of real children who died playing on farms, but Larry stops there as he's not sick enough to joke about that.
- Harmless Villain: His friend Ashens kills Itsmyyard on the Top Tens.
- Hurricane of Puns: When looking back at previous entries on the Top Tens, in preparation for the number 1, every number comes with a pun.
- Machinima: Larry and Wez created a Wrestling Machinima video, WMW Smackfest!
- No Export for You: The point of his shows "Games Yanks Can't Wank" and "Films Yanks Can't Wank", looking at media that was released in the UK but not the USA.
- Nonindicative Name: Larry's internet image is being the one British guy on gaming sites otherwise dominated by Americans. Yet his full name, Larry Bundy Jr., sounds rather stereotypically American to British ears.
- Older Than They Look: Larry turned 34 in May 2013, but easily looks a decade younger.
- Precision F-Strike: Wez drops one during "Top Ten Biggest Rip-Offs in Gaming". It's bleeped out, but it's pretty obvious what he's saying.
- Pun: In every episode, at least one is usually horrible, and is almost always lampshaded.
- Running Gag: Larry has referenced the game "Pinball Construction Set" several times in his videos.
- Shoddy Knockoff Product: He reviewed British games that ripped off famous NES titles.
- Sound Effect Bleep: Several times in "Top Ten Awesome Weapons", during the BFG-9000 segment.