Video Game: The Last Days Of The Third Age Of Middle Earth
The Last Days (of the Third Age of Middle Earth)
is a Game Mod
for Mount & Blade
and now Warband, a Strategy Game
with tactical action and RPG Elements
. Its draws its inspiration from The Lord of the Rings
, especially the books (although some clothings and city appearances come from the movies
). It puts the player in the middle of the War of the Ring, with a lot of factions, units, and towns.
It features three sides (Good, Sauron, Saruman - Sauron and Saruman begin as allies) divided in several smaller factions (Gondor, Rohan, Mirkwood, Harad, Rhûn, Mordor, Moria, etc). The player creates a character and begins alone near a camp / town of the mini faction that he chose, already attached to it (lowest rank), and equiped with bad quality gear and a few food. Then, like in the original Mount & Blade
, the character will have to hire soldiers, buy gears, and do quests to gain fame with the factions of his side. When he reaches level 8, the War of the Ring begins.
The playable factions are :
- Good factions:
- Imladris, Elves of Elrond, with a few Human troops from Arnor and Dúnedain.
- Mirkwood, another kingdom of forest Elves.
- Beornings, Men from the forests, neighbors of Mirkwood.
- Erebor, Dwarves.
- Dale, a small kingdom of the Men, neighbor to Erebor.
- Saruman factions:
- Isengard itself
- Moria, an Orc tribe occupying the famous Dwarf fortress.
- Mt. Gundabad, another Orc faction.
- Dunlendings, barbarian savages Men neighbors of Rohan.
- Sauron factions:
- Mordor itself
- Dol Guldur, in the lore, a Sauron fortress in the middle of Mirkwood. In the mod it is a distinct faction of Sauron.
- Khand, barbarian nomads.
- Rhûn, same concept as Khand.
- Harad, desert people from the far south of Middle Earth.
- Umbar corsairs, pirates.
The current version (3.22) have been released in December 2012.
The mod can be found here
The mod features the following tropes: