Video Game: Stinkoman 20X6
is a Mega Man
-like Platform Game
starring Stinkoman, the blue-haired Animesque
counterpart of Strong Bad from Homestar Runner
. It was released as a Flash game in 2005, and is freely playable
—at least through the ninth level.
- Absurd Altitude: Parodied. Stinkoman jumps this high to get over a wall that is only just out of his normal jumping reach, spending the rest of the stage first flying upwards, then falling down.
- All There in the Manual: Just about anything that can hurt you has a name in the Stinkomanual. That's not a cactus! It's called a Pooru-Pooru!
- All The Worlds Are A Stage: The final platforming level takes everything from the rest of the game and throws it in a blender.
- Bad with the Bone: One enemy is an obese, robotic chicken that constantly spits bones out of its mouth.
- Bigger Bad: The Shadowy Figure. Too bad we will never get to see what he actually looks like, unfortunately.
- Bladder of Steel: No pausing in this game!
- Bubbly Clouds: The Pink Cloud Zone!
- Catch Phrase: Stinkoman shouts his catch phrase, "Are you asking for a challenge?!", whenever he is about to engage in a Boss Battle.
- Cognizant Limbs: Stlunko.
- Critical Existence Failure
- Easter Egg: The fourth option in the main menu. It shows the manual.
- Escort Mission: Stinkoman has to protect his Power Crunch (and, by extension, 1-Up) from the creatures in the Lava Zone!
- Face Ship: The Stinkowing (a fighter jet shaped like Stinkoman's mask).
- Floating Platforms
- Flying Seafood Special: The level 9 enemies. Soooo..... I shoot the coral?
- Game-Breaking Bug: Dying on the first two bosses usually causes the floor to disappear, since the trigger that loads the level is at the start of the level instead of the start of the boss.
- Giant Hands of Doom: Stlunko.
- Idle Animation: If Stinkoman is left standing, he will start to yawn. In the level where you play as 1-Up instead, 1-Up will blow Snot Bubbles instead. Turned against the player in level 7, where Stinkoman will "freeze to square" and take damage.
- I Fell for Hours: The second part of Level 3, especially if you're taking too long with collecting the breads.
- Inconveniently Placed Conveyor Belt: Most inconvenient with Stlunko, the Level 3 boss.
- Instant Ice, Just Add Cold: Stinkoman will freeze into an ice cube if he stands still too long in the Slippy-Slidey Ice World.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: All throughout the game. "AND OTHER VICTORY FOR STINKOMAN!!"
- Invincible Minor Minion: Both Clowder from Level 3 and Stafulter from Level 6.
- Lethal Lava Land: Level 4.
- Manual Misprint: The Level 9 boss is not a squid. Lampshaded in the boss's quote.
- Mega Manning: Parodied with Stlunko—after defeating him, Stinkoman takes one of his giant stone hands as a "new powerup".
- Minus World: Level -0: Negatory is a homage to this. It's composed of bits and pieces of other levels, as well as its music.
- The Missingno.: "Poor Ekersby. He's a jumble of good, good graphics from the rest of the game."
- 1-Up: Collecting an icon of Stinkoman's head grants the player an extra life. In an homage to this trope, the 20X6 version of Homestar is named 1-Up.
- Planar Shockwave: The Stinkowing causes a few when it explodes.
- Poison Mushroom: Poison capsules deal 1 damage to you and look like the power crunch capsules that restore full health.
- Recursive Canon: One cutscene shows Stinkoman playing... ...Stinkoman 20X6.
- Retraux: A pseudo-8-bit game produced by the fictional video game company Videlectrix.
- Segmented Serpent: Saargtsson.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Level 7, "Ice 2 Meet U."
- Stationary Boss: A number of these.
- Title Scream: "Twenty-exty-six!"
- Took a Shortcut: Parodied. Whereas Stinkoman takes an entire level to reach low-Earth orbit, 1-Up just walks to the moon.
- Unexpected Shmup Level: Level 9.
- The Unfought: The Shadowy Figure that keeps kidnapping everybody could count... although the game hasn't actually been concluded.
- Vaporware: Level 10
- According to the Chapman brothers, the person who helped them design the game moved, although why they haven't got back in contact with him is unknown.