Fucking leeches are crawling all over this poor little town.
I can't show neck in a bar without someone tall, dark and anemic sidling up to me and staring at my breasts to keep himself from ogling my jugular.16 Ways to Kill a Vampire at McDonalds is a interactive fiction game released in September, 2016. The game is available free online.You play Lucy, a vampire hunter on her night off. She goes to McDonald's to enjoy some greasy food, and discovers a vampire slouching in a booth. The goal of the game is to slay the vampire before he exsanguinates the cashier.The situation is complicated by the fact that Lucy isn't a fighter: her role on her vampire hunting team is bait. She lures vampire into traps to her teammates can slay them. So she can't confront the vampire directly and instead needs to be creative.Gameplay is adventure game-ish. You have an inventory and use objects and talk to NPCs to progress. There are sixteen different ways of dealing with the vampire. Getting all the different ways unlocks special content.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
— Lucy Sutton
This game provides examples of:
- Damselin Distress: The cashier.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lucy loves her asides.
- Earn Your Happy Endings
- First-Person Smartass: I try to be a little more upbeat than some of my contemporaries, but I can help being a smartass.
- Genre Savvy: Lucy's awareness of how to deal with vampires looks a little like this.
- Golden Ending: The true ending, which can actually incorporate any other ending, but expands on them.
- Hairpin Lockpick: Solution to one of the early puzzles.
- Heroic Seductress: Lucy's job is luring vampires into ambushes using her feminine wiles. She smiles and winks and exposes cleavage for the noblest of causes.
- Holy Burns Evil: You can kill vampires with crosses, holy water, bible quotes and a Christmas wreath.
- Kill It with Fire: The extreme option.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Vampire bites literally drug the victim.
- Nicknaming the Enemy: Lucy called vampires leeches and mosquitoes.
- Protective Charm: Make on of these out of drinking straws.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Lucy puts up a shy, flirty front to lull the vampire into a false sense of security before bring out a surprise stake/bucket of holy water.
- Turn Undead: The devout homeless woman standing outside can do this.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: Extremely subverted. This vampire is a slimy pickup artist.
- Vampires Hate Garlic: You can kill the vampire by noshing a ton of garlic fries and letting him drink your blood.
- Vampire Hunter: Lucy and her teammates.
- Walking the Earth: Lucy and her crew lives out of a van.
- Weakened by the Light: The vampire is made uncomfortable and eventually killed by an anti-bacterial UV light that emits the same quality of light as the sun.
- Weapon of X-Slaying: Luke has one of these.
- Your Vampires Suck: Vampires are susceptible to pretty much every existing weakness in ancient and pop culture, and some of them are pretty absurd.