Twentysomething. From Michigan. In New Jersey.
I'll watch anything with good acting and a decent plot—which has recently meant mostly British costume dramas, for no apparent reason. (OK, I'm a bit of an Anglophile.) Anything with a legal or political angle is also good, although to my embarrassment I haven't gotten around to watching House of Cards
yet. I was a bit of a science-fiction geek in high school (I read everything from Enderís Game
to Philip K. Dick
—the latter was a bit over my head) and watched a lot of Stargate SG-1
, Stargate Atlantis
, and Battlestar Galactica
when I was younger. Since then I've branched out.
I also edit a lot of Useful Notes
pages, as I know altogether too much about everything. I'm also liable to edit anything which I see as not entirely accurate, and expand it by five or six sentences until the full nuances are completely articulated.
- Amoral Attorney: What I hope to never be. Attorney, yes. Amoral, no.
- Appointment Television: Mad Men since the first season. Game of Thrones. Downton Abbey. Call the Midwife. (Yes I'm a guy. Honi soit qui mal y pense.)
- Born in the Wrong Century: I'm not entirely of this time, or at least so I'm told. I've been given suggestions from the 1860s through the 1950s as an ideal. I, personally, like having a personal computer.
- Distinguished Gentleman's Pipe: Have one. Not that I use it much. My friends do say it completes the look.
- Dr. Pedia and Mr. Trope: Yes, I'm on that other wiki. I do have to say, sometimes even Dr. Pedia is annoyed with The Other Wiki's self-seriousness.
- Foreign Culture Fetish: Like I said, I'm a bit of an Anglophile.
- Grammar Nazi: I once managed to bond with a senior partner over how "utilize" is an abomination and should never be used. Protip: never use it. I will change it to "use."
- Rail Enthusiast: I do like trains. Not a trainspotter, though. I have on occasion pored over Google Earth maps developing imaginary commuter rail and subway networks. Also, the useful notes page Washington Metro is one of my favorite creations.
- Serial Tweaker
- Supreme Chef: My friends tell me I cook marvelously. I don't entirely believe them, but I do enjoy cooking.