I'm a 20-something male troper from an undisclosed location somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. I have an unhealthy fascination with Gorn
, Science Fiction Conspiracy Thrillers
(and to a lesser extent, Conspiracy Thrillers
in general) and Death Metal
. Also watches a lot of CBS Police Procedurals
, although I'm always seeking to integrate programming from other networks (if only the other broadcast nets would actually step up to the plate in terms of quality and/or genre programming, especially in the 8pm hour where the cable nets are always dormant). I'm a pretty big fan of NASCAR
and the NFL
Tropes associated with this individual:
- Asperger's Syndrome: Has this. Often plays it as Ambiguous Disorder around strangers - if they even notice anything weird (my case is pretty mild).
- Berserk Button: I've got a big one of these when it comes to NASCAR, and a slightly smaller one for the NFL.
- Big Word Shout: Frequently.
- Brain Bleach:
- Every now and again, my own mindscape cranks out something that has me reaching for a bucket of this.
- I've also seen my fair share of bleach-worthy images on forums better left unmentioned.
- Catch Phrase: I cycle through a few of these. Currently, my favorite is "I Have a Theory on That" and a couple of variants that reflect how seriously I'm saying that.note
- Also, "Don't worry, no one else does [remembers] either", as a Take That at fallen celebrities and short-lived fads.
- Cluster F-Bomb: I've used this in fits of bloodrage.
- Conspiracy Theory: I believe in several, some of them pretty standard, although a few are sort of out there.
- Darker and Edgier:
- My dreamscape's been going this route lately. It's mostly of the blood-and-gore variety.
- Over the course of first grade to twelfth grade, my musical tastes more-or-less followed this progression, shifting from classical to country to alt-rock/alt-metal to metalcore to death metal.(although I still listen to moderate amounts of metalcore and alt-rock/metal)
- Gorn: The above-mentioned fascination w/ this probably mostly stems from my love for Death Metal. If I didn't I probably couldn't stomach watching The Walking Dead or The Following, let alone both.
- Large Ham: When I want to be. When I don't, though, I'm actually pretty quiet.
- No Indoor Voice: It's a family trait, but I kinda turn it Up to Eleven, even compared to my relatives.
- Nostalgia Filter: I invoke this w/ regards to certain networks - most noticeably, ABC. My memories of their 2001-04 period are basically tantamount to Pure Awesomeness, ignoring the whole "fourth in the ratings" issue, and I was not happy that Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy brought the net out of the grave and influenced its later programming. I was especially bad on not acknoweldging Alias's Seasonal Rot for quite a few years, and I still remember Threat Matrix as "that show that was so awesome when I was thirteen".
- Precision F-Strike: If I'm angry but not in a bloodrage, I'll generally aim for this in expressing said anger.
- Self-Deprecation: I use this to help keep my flaws in check. Sadly, it doesn't always work.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: As a side effect of the Aspergers, I slip into this on occasion.
- Shout Out: I do this a lot. Every third sentence contains a reference to something or another. Hell, my Troper name is one of these. (to Resident Evil)
- Trade Snark: As of late January 2013, I started adding this to my current Catch Phrase.
- Unusual Euphemism: I use a few, most notably "waffle" as one for a particular female body part.
- With Us or Against Us: I have an unhealthy habit of invoking this over the stupidest crap, like the failure of Last Resort (calling my own roommates traitors to the human race every week for continuing to watch The Big Bang Theory, a show that I actually find entertaining - if less so than I did a few years ago - was probably one of my lamer moments).