New and Improved!
Hotel Kilo is an amateur writer, college student,
totally legitimate DJ on WCDE 90.3 FM
former DJ that fell victim to a format change, living history interpreter, and all around strange fellow from the western part of the United States' Commonwealth of Virginia. A hardcore reader of TV Tropes
for not even a year
since he started college, it has quickly ruined his life
. That was about the same time he began to be seriously interested in anime and manga (but more so manga since he is notoriously cheap and prefers reading anyway).
A life long history nut who can name all the US Presidents (first and last names) in order as well as all the states and capitals (and formerly possessed the ability to name every county in his home state),
he plans to make it his career by gaining employment with the United States Park Service as a ranger or historian
he successfully attained a position as an intern at Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in the living history branch. While his primary interest is in military (see below) history, his interests do tend to stray anywhere vaguely interesting. Other fields include industrial, medical, architectural, aviation, engineering, computer, mental health, and railroad history. Loves abandoned/decaying buildings and building models of obscure aircraft. Is an admittedly hopeless yuri fanboy... not the same way all guys are, he promises. Hotel Kilo has been known to express interest in such things as mysterious craft and the supernatural, particularly those related to his semi-native West Virginia; i.e. the Flatwoods Monster and Mothman.
A longtime Philadelphia Flyers fan, he is
still mourning their loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2010 Stanley Cup, but congratulates the 'hawks for winning
totally over all that. Delighted to see the Bullies doing well in the Eastern Conference. There remains nothing but ill will directed at the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Watches a lot of hockey regardless of living in the Pittsburgh television market, including the WHL. Other supported teams include West Virginia University athletics, trumped by the University of Iowa Hawkeyes in football, Los Angeles Dodgers (dating back to an age when he thought they were still in Brooklyn), Washington Nationals, and San Diego SUPERCHARGERS.
An Eagle Scout, he started as a Tiger in Cub Scouts and spent the next twelve years working his way to the top leaving him a cynical son of a bitch. One time Captain of his high school scholastic bowl team, he lead them to two district championships, a regional second place, and a disappointing finish in states partially due to outside forces
. Hotel Kilo first started using the internet because none of his friends were nerdy enough to be into free form RPGs and the like while he was constantly dreaming up characters or concepts for adventures. He’s never looked back. Has too much time that extends to an obsession with the expanded universes of most series he watches (even if such a thing doesn't exist). Studies show that Hotel Kilo is a pretty chill guy who's more then willing to get along with/accept all sorts of folks. Except those who willingly spout incorrect historical facts.
May be troping too much now that he has looked up maritime case law to make an edit. Presently spends most of his time on the forums either in the RPG section or in forum games, but he is a regular reader of the Sky High Aviation Thread.
The username Hotel Kilo comes from the NATO phonetic alphabet, and is taken from a broadcast from the West German BNDnote
numbers stations G16.
worked for the National Park Service at Harpers Ferry National Historic Park in the Living History branch throughout the summer of 2011 and will most likely be making a repeat performance in 2012.
open/close all folders
- Radio station station ID's
- Numbers Stations
- Old time radio shows
- Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcakes
- Slide Rules
- Obscure history
- Abandoned buildings
American Military History
- King Philip's War
- French & Indian War
- American Revolution
- Early Indian Wars
- War of 1812
- Seminole Wars
- Mexican-American War
- American Civil War
- Spanish-American War
- World War One
- Hypothetical conflicts of the 1920's
- World War Two
- Korean War
- Panama, Operation Just Cause
- Prohibition era to 70's law enforcement
- Civil Engineering history
- Vintage computers
- Rotary dial telephones
- Civil Defense in the early age, 50's - 60's
- Mecha Musume
- B-17, Queen of the Skies
- Court TV
- Revolvers, older military weapons
- Military aircraft of all sorts and shapes
- Industrial buildings
- War games/"Toy Soldiers"
- Listening to the iPod
Videogames on Gamecube, Game Boy Color, PC, Atari 2600, or Xbox 360
- American Coastal Defenses/Coast Artillery
- Star Trek: First Era
- OS-tan Collections
- Old postcards
- Alternate History
- "Other" Operating systems
- Military uniforms
- Pens and mechanical pencils
- Hockey, Philadelphia Flyers
- College Football: University of Iowa
- Soccer: Sheffield Wednesdays
- Military/Police/Stargate/Historical/Star Trek free form RPG
- Pickle chips (both actual pickles and pickle flavored potato slice version)
- The Dharma Initiative
- That Guy with the Glasses
Shows/anime/manga/movies/Webcomics/and Ciaphas Caine (since almost none of his books are here)
Live Action Television/Movies
Modern Western Animation
irc.canternet.org: Look for GreenDitch, Fallout Equestria Tavern
World of Tanks: Mysteriousoozlefinch
- I can name all the presidents in order too...but only if I sing the animaniacs song. ~ Saraphyn
- It's always nice to meet another writer and a Haruhi Suzumiya (& the genderbending) fan. ^_^ —Compassionate Sadist
- You are a DJ? That's awesome! And here I am to vandalize again! :P —Wartys Neryon
- Ah hah! Another page to vandalise! -gets out spray can- —A Crack In Time
- I'll join you Crack -gets his can and sprays- —Tropers/Juancarlos11
- Time to Vandalize...-Vandalizes with style-
- OOZE actually is sort of an acronym. It's derived from Omega (one of my internet personas), wonderful lizard of OZ (another one of my internet personas) and hElloworld (yet another). When I joined TV Tropes I finally mixed them all into one person. I have other internet personas but adding letters from them wouldn't make such a neat name. -OOZE
- this is a long page, how long did it take for you to write it? Dontcallmewave
- About two hours on and off maybe?
- Actually, Homestuck is far superior Lolipod Distortion
- Vandalism tanks... FIRE! —a vandal commander
- KA-BAM. Vandalized, baby! —Wanderer of the Wastes
- SILENCE -inane242
- I saw the phrase "pickle chips" on your page and I thought it referred to some variety of pickle-flavored potato or tortilla chip. Then I remembered it was just those flat pickle slices. Damn. Steampowered
- Nope, it's pickle-flavored potato chips. Though that other things good too.
- Your page has been graced by the Takeout Fairy. Go order some takeout. Now. ~ GameSpazzer
- Ooh! And pick up some eggrolls, too!
- The shadows grace your page, and are lurking at every corner. -ShadowLord
- Have I mentioned that you're awesome yet?
- You have now, though it's far too generous an assessment.
- Salutations, sir! Happy to meet someone else who's heard of numbers stations! :D (Yau... you're quite the US history geek, aren't you?) ~Noaqiyeum
- Military guy, F-8 fan, and the original inspiration (and chief advertiser!) behind the whole Dusty running gag...yeah, you're awesome. —Sabre's Edge
- The faeries are impressed with your superior memory and your fascination with history. - a faerie
- Hiya Hotel! Nice to have you back! -Balmung
- Phasers are set for heavy vandalism! FULL BATTERY! -Sakan4k
- Page, ten o'clock. Set elevation to 70 degrees. Ready... Aim... Vandalize! Been magnificent to see you back. ~ betterthanstrawberry
- Great to see you back again! —The Artist Formerly Known as Wartys Neryon
- Nice to meet you, HK. Also nice to vandalize your page! >:D -Enkufka
- Vandalism batteries to power. Turbines to speed. BAM! Vandalized. Also nice to meet you. - steampowered
- Evening. Good to see you on the aviation thread! - Greenmantle
- HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!-Vanthebaron
- I'MMA FIRIN MAH VANDALISM raigakuren
- The faeries return to greet you. - a faerie
- ATTACK OF THE GEARS! 
- Is that a real military outfit (and gun)? - Amused Troper Guy
- BOOM!! ~Dracosketch
- We return... again. What? Vandalism is fun! - Stolen By Faeries
- You remind me of Mike from Spaced. —Sean Murray I
- Yo! Glad to see you've come back... —Füsch
- Hey ! I guess it's my first post here hmm ? Looks spacious. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Hey, dood! What's this about you being a DJ? I'm one as well! -Shadow Bender
- So when's this going to be back up...? o.o —Liberated Liberater
- Whenever I get off my lazy ass and finish the total overhaul.
- Oh, hi! ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Greetings, fellow troper. - Hotel California
Allwissend bin ich nicht; doch viel ist mir bewußt.