Series: Mutant X
A television series created by Marvel Studios (a division of Marvel Comics), Mutant X centers around the eponymous team of "New Mutants" who possess extraordinary powers as a result of genetic engineering. Like hundreds of other unsuspecting people, the members of Mutant X were used as test subjects in a series of covert government experiments by Genomex, which now wants to control these New Mutants for its own purposes. The mission of Mutant X is to seek out their fellow New Mutants, help them come to terms with their abilities and protect them from those who want only to exploit their powers.Mutant X is also unrelated to the Comic Book series, that ran from 1998 to 2001, of the same name, or anything else involving mutants and X-es. However, according to Volume 5 of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcovers, the Mutant X TV series takes place on Earth-704509, making it an Alternate Reality in the Marvel Multiverse.Even though the series had high ratings and was renewed for a fourth season, it was abruptly canceled in 2004 due to the dismantling of Fireworks Entertainment, one of the production companies.
- Anywhere but Their Lips: Adam keeps kissing Emma's head.
- Cat Girl: Shalimar has cat DNA! No ears or tail, though.
- Murder, Inc.: Blue Bolt from the episode "Under The Cloak of War" is a group of Badass Normal Assassins with high-tech weapons.
- Myth Arc: A different villain each season.
- Noodle Incident: In the episode "The Shock of the New" a character states that Eckhart blames Adam for having caused the loss of his immune system in an incident that is never explained throughout the series.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Shalimar with fire