Series: My Favorite Martian
The premise of this sitcom is simple: A Martian anthropologist (Ray Walston) is stranded on Earth when his saucer crashes. He is taken in by Tim (Bill Bixby), a kindly but not too bright earthling who happens, of all things, to be a newspaper reporter. "Uncle Martin" fortunately looks just like a human being except for two retractable rabbit-ear antennae which emerge from his head. He has some special powers, but not enough to keep himself or his human sidekick out of trouble with their feather brained landlady and her suspicious love interest. Nor is he able to repair his saucer, hidden in the garage, possibly because he's not a mechanic.A movie adaptation was released in 1999 that went by the same name.Not to be confused with "Your Favorite Martian", an animated music video series by YouTube sensation Ray William Johnson.
This TV series provides examples of:
- Alien Among Us: Uncle Martin.
- Animated Adaptation: A short-lived Filmation version, My Favorite Martians.
- Amusing Alien: Martin
- Cowboy Episode: "Go West, Young Martian".
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: In one episode, martin has a problem with his head, causing him to broadcast everything he sees and hears to every television station (and thus to every set) in the United States.
- Mind over Matter: Martin can move things with his mind.
- Pstandard Psychic Pstance: Martin does this.
- Psychic Powers: Martin
- Secret Chaser: Lorelei Brown
- Stop Trick: Used often for invisibility.
- Zee Rust: A lot of Martian technology, like the spaceship.