Hakkoumori is a small, rural Japanese village with the unusual distinction of an extensive Irish heritage. This, and its small tourist industry, centered around the summer camp in the forest outside of town, are really the only two things its known for.
...That, and the number of people who get lost and disappear into the forest.
Formerly called When The Tropers Cry
. Kusahibari no Naku Koro ni
is based on tropes common to the When They Cry
series, and can be found on the TV Tropes
forum in this thread
Tropers involved in this RP include:
open/close all folders
Tropes that have appeared in this game include:
- Amateur Sleuth - Taro is looking for his mysteriously-vanished parents, who disappeared while he was trying to find his brother, Tomo.
- Canon Discontinuity: After the first go-round didn't turn out very well, Lockon declared it a beta and non-canon before rewriting some of the setting and giving it its proper name.
- Cute Mute - Chan.
- Closed Circle - The forest around the camp is known for being nigh-unnavigable except by Kyouya. Lucky he isn't dead yet.
- Cell Phones Are Useless - In the Beta Chapter all cell phones in camp are kept by the staff for the duration, barring emergencies.
- Cut Phone Lines - Naturally, the suitcase they're in disappears immediately, and the emergency radio is destroyed.
- Everyone Is a Suspect - If only Kyouya knows how to navigate the forest, then one of the people in camp must be responsible... though Joshua is determined not to let this keep everyone from working together. note
- Gallows Humor - Seto has a tendency toward this.
- Genre Blindness
Violet: What's the big mystery? People get lost in the forest. I've done that without even needing to find a forest first.
- Genre Savvy
Masato: There's a catch. There is always, always a catch. Don't ask if there's a catch, because if you have to ask, there is.
- Glasgow Grin - The first set of murders in the Beta Chapter.
- Madness Mantra - Yuki becomes somewhat obsessed with dolls when he becomes distressed...
- Mr. Exposition - Megumi and Logan are both fascinated by the local mythology; Megumi also thought to bring along some reading material.
- Nothing Is Scarier - The camp director is missing. Check your cabins...
- Raised by Wolves - Chan, apparently.
- Refusal of the Call - Masato asks for time to consider the fae's offer.
- Shrinking Violet - Several of the campers, especially Yuki, Megumi, Haruko, and Shi and Chan.
- Slept Through the Apocalypse - Masato.
- Sticky Fingers - Violet. Unfortunately, she's not quite as good as she thinks she is.
- Wrong Genre Savvy -\Taro. So, so much:
So allow me to understand... You are looking for a Japanese town with a Japanese name in a book about Celtic Mythology. An exercise in futility? Or just good old fashioned ignorance?