Get a page you damned lazy. -Regards, Faux
Darksidevoid is a troper from the East Coast of the US who participates in way too many RPs. He can usually be found in one of the RP subfora, Anime & Manga, or On-Topic Conversations. Simultaneously incredibly ambitious and pathetically dilatory (Ha! Didn't know that was a word, did you?). Has a habit of being verbose and extending sentences by adding gratuitous parenthetical statements. Currently pursuing a BA in Political Science.
If I do something stupid, arrogant, or out of line, call me on it. I usually try to be very conscious of those sorts of things, but, this being the internet, Poor Communication Kills
(friendships and civility).
This page is newly minted, so feel free to desecrate it by adding or removing tropes and such wherever.
I've often rooted for villains
in various series and wished I was as cool
or as stylish
as them, which is part of the long-ago origin of my troper handle. Thus, the many 'Evil' tropes applying below are not to be taken seriously... for the most part.
Tropes Applying To Darksidevoid:
- Altum Videtur
- Ambition Is Evil
- Berserk Button: The Golden Mean Fallacy. Also, Wiki Talk makes him deteriorate into Angrish, so he tries to avoid it when he can.
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Or so he likes to think. See also: the introductory paragraph of this page.
- The Chessmaster: Aspires to be this, covertly or overtly, with most of his characters, and occasionally in Real Life. The fact that he loves strategizing and actually playing chess may have something to do with this, as well as the fact that he likes to Contemplate Our Navels.
- Clasp Your Hands If You Deceive
- Contemplate Our Navels: One of his favorite things to do ever, resulting in his love of Philosophy, Mythology, Psychology, Sociology, History, and most especially Politics.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Forgets to Eat
- Insufferable Genius: Frequently.
- Large Ham
- Magnificent Bastard: Wishes he was this, and often aspires for his characters to become ones. It takes work, of course.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Sarcastic Devotee
- Scary Shiny Glasses
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Yes.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Feels he leans toward the Idealistic end, and attempts to ground himself in reality by tempering it with realism.
- Slouch of Villainy
- Visionary Villain
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
RPs Darksidevoid has been involved in:
The summaries of my various characters, recorded here for posterity. Note that these are just the initial sign-ups, and some of the characters changed over time to become something significantly different from their original bio.
THIS SECTION UNDERGOING RENOVATION
Additional Nefarious Vandalism:
I agree with Faux. -desdendelle
do we have HERE?!
Oh, a troper page. I thought it was some hotbed of evil activity. Carry on! -SOCR