Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
I like going by Victoria or Vyc/Vy if you want. I am a existentialist
Romanticist, Spiritual but Agnostic Atheist*
and a Transwoman
Pansexual Transhumanist. Though none of these labels could really describe me in full they're mostly here to give you a rough idea.
I am influenced by Lord Byron
, Friedrich Nietzsche
, Carl Jung
, Napoleon Bonaparte
, Thomas Paine
and Thomas Jefferson
in terms of personal philosophy but my beliefs are my own.
I have several writing projects the two biggest being DarthWiki.Shakuras Sunset
and A Legend Of Korra
fan fic called Ore-dinary
As for my likes I have a variety of them and here they are with thoughts (sometimes):
- Everything is a Remix: If your a troper or Writer this is a much watch.
- Code Geass: This was the first series I ever watched subtitles for, and remains at a top spot in my mind. This is the series which introduced me to two of my favorite tropes/character archetypes to this day.
- Death Note: This and Code Geass had to be two of the most intense anime I've ever seen. Death-note by far is the more intense of the two, but I like CG more because it has more to offer in from of side characters and plot lines.
- Naruto: This series is my all time favorite manga, even with it's flaws my love for this work and most of it's characters is huge.
- Gurren Lagann: I love this series so much as it gave me a better understanding of Existentialism, eventual lead me into Kyle Hebert's* awesome late night chats, gave me so much inspiration, and eventually lead me to...
- The Protomen: I've listened to them in the past year more than any other artist or band, I know all the lyrics my heart, and they gave me a re-newed love and respect for Rock Opera, gave megaman a whole new twist in my mind and so much inspiration.
- Homestuck: I'm in love with this multimedia mash up that we for some reason call a webcomic.
- DOUBLE K: A fan comic of the previously Mentioned Gurren Lagann set as an 80's buddy cop show, Need I say more.
- Halo A Fist Ful Of Arrows: One of the most beautiful webcomics and Halo stories I've read it's under an hour to finish but that hour is worth it, even if your not a Halo fan the art is amazing and arguably better then some of the official comics.
- Knite: A beautiful, webcomic with serious themes attached.
- The Legend Of Korra: I watched the preview and within 8 hours had written out a De Fictionalized Probending and written a fanfic, by the time the preview weekend was over I had watched both episodes at least 10 times. This was also the first series that I remember actually releasing fan fiction for, which is on my DA page above all this as well as the probending bit.Note
- Tiger & Bunny: I love this because it proves you can play any and all tropes completely straight and still create a wonderful story if your know what your doing, and they knew what they were doing inside and out.
- Mine Craft: Prolly one of my favorite PC games right now.
- Spinnerette: A friend offline told me about this webcomic and I love it so much.
- Vlog Brothers: Recent discovery I have fallen in love with, John and Hank are awesome and if you are nerdy/geeky/love books/love science/ love being awesome. Check them out.
- NaNoWriMo: I have been in three plus of these and/or related events, and though I've never finished one I keep doing them as they are a ton of fun and a great experience.
- Writing Excuses: If you are a writer of any kind check them out, as they have helped improve my writing skills greatly.
- Nigeria: Okay this isn't a work but I had to do some research into Nigerian folklore for a story I was writing at the time, in this time I meet a few Nigerians online who ended up teaching me a lot about the culture and since then I've wanted to know more about how they are in the modern time and maybe even visit there someday.
(more to come)
Also my current theme song:
A member of CHOPSTICKS
Tropes that apply to me-
- Beneath the Mask: see Kuu Dere/Tsundere below.
- Byronic Hero
- Ethical Slut: Reconstructed resulting in an on going virginity*, until I find partners that meet up to my standards, Who also have no issue with my Polyamory.
- The Existentialist
- Handshake Substitute: Handshakes are for deals and job interviews. Everything else is fist bumps and daps.
- Jerkass /Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Depends on who I'm dealing with.
- Knight in Sour Armor / The Snark Knight: I'm more sour knight but I have snark elements.
- Kuu Dere/Tsundere- The Cynical kind of Kuudere. I basically go from Kuu->Tsun->Dere.
- Mood Swinger: See the deres. It's less I switch moods, and more I fail at keeping up the pretense.
- INFP *:More info and suggested reading, though this is just the tip of a massive iceberg.
- No Social Skills: Averted for the most part despite being a diagnosed Aspie, *
- Never Tell Me the Odds: I have this whenever I'm in the TRS.
- Orange And Blue Morality: Not to an alien or even a major extent but there are some areas of morality, ethics and social norms (mostly social norms) where I clash with what ideas are considered accepted.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: I use like like constantly in both real life and like online. I swear I'm not The Ditz.
- Luminescent Blusher
- Polyamorous: See Ethical Slut
- Romanticism Versus Enlightenment: I'm far more Romanticist* than Enlightenment but I do love science.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Mostly in private but yes
- Serious Business: I personally believe in it's validity, if you feel strongly about something then that is valid enough to consider it serious. Several things are that way to me, and obviously there is a point of excess but as long as you never breach that point. I see no reason not to respect someones passion for something.
- Starving Artist: Writer and Artist.
- The Hero: Apparently, I am one according to the Naruto thread.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: This site turned me into a lover of the Incredibly Lame Pun, seriously you could say I'm full of pun now.*
- Yaoi Fangirl: I went from a very mild interest to a hardcore-yaoi'er in the span of the last two years. Shipping, fanfics, and all.
- Valley Girl: Subverted. I don't look like one but my speech patterns like totally match one. I use like, Oh my gawd, and totally more than someone who didn't grow up in 90's cali, like should.
- Troper Gender Confusion: I get this a lot.
Copy pasted from the Main-Name sake:
- Determinator: Go ahead tell me I'll never make it as a writer, tell me I suck, insult me all you want. I've dealt with it my entire life. Your only adding fuel to my fire, which brings me to our next trope...
- Hot Blooded: I'm not this by default but I can become especially if things get politically heated or philosophical then I'm a bit of a philosophical...
- Blood Knight
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Despite the above, among my friends I'm more often the blue oni of the pair.
- Large Ham: I've heard you ordered some* :3
Tropes others think apply to me-
Works of mine contain-
I've seen a lot of tropers that keep track of what they contribute to the site, I don't really I'm a drive by hit-and-run editor. I can't recall most of my edits or contributions off the top of my head, nor do I really care too either.
- Tropers post here (Allowed Vandalism)
- FIRST! -Wanderlust Warrior
- Never see you around the Naruto thread anymore, did the craziness scare you off? :( -Saiga
- Awesome to see another Polyamorist / Ethical Slut. I worry sometimes that I'm all alone in the world. - Enemy Mayan
- Nah, there are a bunch of us. Easier to find online than in day-to-day life, 'course. —Morven
- You seem like an interesting boy/girl to say the least. -PinkHeartChainsaw
- Napoleon lovers unite!- The Westerner
- Anyone who plays red can't be all bad ;)- OhnoaBear
- Bawk, bawk, BOOM! -desdendelle
- You know, you kinda remind me of myself. How refreshing, considering all the shallow, mindless people I meet in my day to day life. -Crazy Dawg
- Yaoi fangirls, unite! :D - kay4today
- "We will enact the Trope's Eye plan." - Lu
- Don't leave the Naruto thread. D: Although I guess I'll see you around in the Korra one... -Autumncomet
- An existentialist? Oh, my. -Fires Cartesian gun- :P -desdendelle
- -hugs- Yo, gal! - Hopey
- Thanks for adding me on dA. Coffee? *raises flask* - Bisected8
- Greetings from across the web at deviantART :P - The Sixth
- Vandalizing again here! Hehe, I'm glad that you acknowledged yourself as The Hero of the Naruto thread.~ - kay4today
- It's vandalizing time! Greetings, fellow Aspie..... need to think of something witty...... HI!!! -Indigo12ash