A part of the Olaminaverse, Shakura's Sunset is a fantasy Web Serial Novel by V.T.Byron. The story us based in a tribal fantasy meets steampunk setting, the author as called Stonepunk. Like all stories in the Olaminaverse takes place in the Constructed World, of Olaminal.
The story center's around Shakura and starts at the time of her Life-Trial. The first seven chaptersnote are currently written.
The story center's around Shakura's, Malwii and her quest to win the respect of her village. The story quickly grow to encompass more than this as Shakura and her family clash on ideology and whats best for her and her people. (The Taka Tribe)
The story is currently under going revisions and is currently being re-worked to better fit into the Olaminaverse.
''Shakuras Sunset contains examples of:
- After the End: Not the end of our world but their world ended several thousand years ago for unknown reasons.
- Humans Are White: Averted. It takes place in an stone entering iron-age African fantasy world.
- Action Girl: Shakura has been trained as a warrior since birth as has every female in her tribe.
- Bar Brawl: Shakura gets into one after arriving in a town, where he she manages to take on three grown men more than twice her size.
- Badass Family: Every single member of the Taka tribe was trained as an elite warrior until at least age 12.
- Badass Mustache: Adisa wears one very proudly, in the same style as Freddie Mercury.
- Big Damn Heroes: This is how we meet Malwii, Shakura's Familiar.
- Bald Women: Bald Women are not uncommon and Shakura is bald at the beginning off the story, due to an Important Haircut.
- Bond Creature: Every single member of the Taka tribe has a magical cat which acts as their guardian.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Even without their BondCreatures, Shakura's entire tribe are the embodiment of this trope.
- Crapsack World: The world is filled with ravenous beasts the roam the bush by day and murderous spirits which rule the bush by night forcing people to band together into tight knit villages and making the concepts of adventuring and trading synonyms with madness.
- Culture Chop Suey: of Nigeria and several native American tribes. As well as Japan.
- Facial Markings: Every single member of the Taka tribe has these tattooed into their face at a young age.
- Feminist Fantasy: Downplayed, but it's there. Women are equals in terms of political power and physical/magical power. Warrior women and stay at home fathers are just as common as Male warriors and stay at home moms.
- Important Haircut: Shakura has one off-screen, just minutes before the story begins and this fact is touched upon in the first chapter.
- Iron-Age Stasis: Expansion is near impossible, and most efforts go into day to day survival and protection.
- Nature Hero: The Taka tribe is filled with these in fact the majority of the world is, though Shakura herself is a subversion.
- Light 'em Up: Malwii's default and most powerful attack. Overlaps with Holy Hand Grenade.
- Low Fantasy: Downplayed, magic is rare but not unheard of in the world.
- Lunacy: Subverted. Shakura's tribe does get magical power from moonlight as do their bond creatures but they suffer no mental changes.
- Training from Hell: Shakura and her entire tribe, train, hunt and live this way.