A roleplay based on the Digimon Cash Cow Franchise
, adapting the Digimon Tamers
series but as if it continued from the Digimon Adventure
series, later on, Digimon Frontier
was added to the mix. Digimon Savers
is planned to be adapted once the Tamers season has been completed, though a few characters and ideas did made it to the RP before then. Not only the anime is playable in the RP, but so are the video games and manga. Most distinct of all is 'Digimon V-Tamer', from which came many an idea for the side-plot.
The storyline begins with that it is four years after the events of the 'World Tour' in Digimon Adventure 02
and 'Diaboromon Strikes Back'. This has opened the doors for more Chosen Children (otherwise known as Digidestined) to come into existence. By this time, Digimon has become a card game
, and the mentioned events are now believed to be nothing more than a Publicity Stunt for the upcoming card game. The exceptions are the Digidestined (or Tamers as the 'new kids' call themselves) and the newly formed Anti-Digimon organization, Hypnos, created by The Government
, who are out to delete all digital life. So the Digidestined have to deal with random Digimon who coming into the real world, and the Digimon The Men in Black
. Sounds easy, right?
NOPE! It gets worse!
For them that is.
The remains of the Daemon Corps from Digimon Adventure 02
are also in the fry, led by the Demon Lord of Lust, Lilithmon
. One of their plans involve freeing Daemon from the Dark Ocean
. The said Demon Lord
Digimon who gave the Digidestined a Curb-Stomp Battle
. And how she going to do this? With her own corrupted Digidestined and Tamers
, basically from Digimon V-Tamer
. This includes Neo Saiba
, who acts as an Evil Counterpart
, paralleling the plot of Digimon V-Tamer
Not to mention Knight Templar
, Victory Greymon
. A variation of WarGreymon
equipped with a different armor and a BFS, he is out to sever the bond between the Human and the Digital Worlds, not to mention the Digidestined!
The events of Digimon Frontier
were originally omitted and weren't added to the storyline until the end of the first year of the RP's when a Dark Action Girl
, Brainwashed and Crazy
to serve the Daemon Corps obtained the Spirits of Water, in part due to Parallelmon inadvertently bringing the ten elements from Another Dimension
. In a Nice Job Fixing It, Villain
, this allowed for ENIAC to place another Call to Adventure
to bring the Warriors back into the loop. On a hunt to retrieve their spirits, Takuya and the gang (along with Yutaka, Tommy's older brother
) explored File Island and ran into trouble with Mad Scientist Analogman (from Digimon World)
. Later, it is revealed that the events from Frontier are actually events that have taken place in the ancient past of the Digital World with the Frontier gang being labelled as the first Digidestined due to Time Travel
As of late, the RP has entered the Deva Saga of Digimon Tamers
so Zhuqiaomon is now in the mix. The RP has also added a West Coast Team
in America, where the American Digidestined (and a few Japanese Chosen transferred there) have to confront an Alien Invasion-theme
The site can be found here
. The Digimon RP
has also brought forth a Cross Over Spin-Off
, Pokémon and Digimon RP
This RP contain examples of:
- Action Girl: Besides the normal tough female chosen children, there are Bad Ass Normal Lyn, Faith, and occasionally Kim who actually do fighting of their own.
- Akashic Records: See Ancient Wisemon
- Alien Invasion: Ebemon and his minions
- Alien Sky: The notable difference between the Digital Plane and the Digital World
- All There in the Manual: A few characters's backstory are in their applications or possibly out of anime information.
- Another Dimension: Besides the Digital World, it is discovered that there is a second 'digital world' called the Digital Plane.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Gaiomon and Dynasmon X in the Mirror Universe.
- Back from the Dead: Several
- Bad Ass: Victory Greymon sticks out the most... for the moment.
- Badass Crew: You got your Chosen groups from the main anime series for starters.
- Bad Future: Koji and Takuya get glimpses of the events for an alternate future which became the Mirror Universe
- Bat Family Crossover: The Digimon franchise.
- Beam Spam: Sakkakumon's Metallic Reflector attack.
- Berserk Button: TK whenever Darkness is present. Has a second one that triggers whenever Kari is in danger and shares the latter one with Tai.
- Hikaru qualifies when he went nuts when Parallelmon attacked his little brother figure Teru. This allowed him to summon the Spirit of Earth and Spirit Evolve into Grumblemon.
- Big Applesauce: Recently threads are taking place here when out of Japan.
- BFS: Minervamon's 'Olympia', Victory Greymon's Dramon Breakers
- Big Good: ENIAC
- Big Bad: While there are several villains, Lilithmon sticks out the most
- Big Damn Heroes: Derek, Christa and Rei are being chased by yet another Mega, and suddenly, James Kessal and his partners come out of nowhere to help fend him off, and possibly give Christa the time she needs to unleash her Digisoul, even lampshading the trope OOCly.
- Bit Part Badguys: The Saturn-Dragons, however their boss, Mr.Etemon a different story
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In a visit to the infamous Giga House, as soon as JP spirit evolves into Beetlemon, his insect form is affected by a familiar song used back in Digimon Adventure 02
- Breather Episode: "Well, THAT was a massive waste of time!" is a stunningly appropriate thread title for more than one reason. It's a change of pace after the Aussie group was chased around by two megas, and gets somewhat silly at times, while also providing some character development... And Gender Bending.
- Broken Bird: Faith
- Brother-Sister Team: Tai & Kari, Lans & Luna, Neo & Rei, Dan & Mia
- Butt Monkey: Back from the Dead, Demi Devimon
- Cast Herd: With the Loads and Loads of Characters, they needed to split up once in a while
- Calling Your Attacks: It's Digimon, folks.
- Canis Major: Obviously with Gabumon's evolutions but we also have Z'dGarurumon in the mix.
- Council of Angels: While not angels, The Four Gods have servents who acts like this. While maybe not Baihumon, he's young.
- Character Development: Slow but there.
- Chess Master: Lilithmon, she even once used a chess set. ENIAC is shaping up to be this as well.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Ryuudamon
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Mari
- Cool Airship: Blimpmon and a spacecraft used by Vademon.
- Cool Train: Some new Trailmon make an appearance here.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The first encounters with Victory Greymon and Lilithmon
- Curse Cut Short
- Cyber Space: The Digital World, and even the Digital Plane.
- Dark Is Evil: Namely how TK sees it, however...
- Dark Is Not Evil: At least that's what the Legendary Warriors claim.
- Dark Lord: Certain members of the Seven Great Demon Lords are in the RP.
- Dark Magical Action Girl: Faith
- Dark World: The Mirror Universe
- Deadly Upgrade: Calamitasmon, a corrupted Armour Evolution of Magnamon
- Dragon with an Agenda: Neo
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Commandramon to his Tamer, Isaac.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Digimon Savers will start after the Digimon Tamers-adaptation finished. But a few characters have appeared, so far: Yoshi and Lalamon (though as 8), Rhythm from the Savers-movie along with Agumon. And now future DATS leaders Yushima and Sampson.
- James has two PawnChessmon as partners, one white, one black. Could they be Miki and Megumi's eventual partners? Quite possibly. Unfortunately, this also implies that something really bad is gonna happen to James...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Even the obscure characters are playable.
- Establishing Character Moment: Christa quickly gets one after her introduction, as she manages to activate Rei's Digimental in order to digivolve her partner to Mega, and even shows signs of being on the edge of unleashing her Digisoul, in order to fight off a Demon Lord. Then when the group get attacked by another Mega, James Kessal makes a Big Damn Heroes entrance, complete with demonstrating his tactical abilities... And flirting with Rei, at the same time.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Neo (and possibly even Hideto) has Rei, while Faith has Yun, and a lesser extent her sisters. Except for the latter's siblings, this is the reason why they join the Daemon Corps.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Anti-Villain Victory Greymon, though believes all Humans Are Bastards, looked down at a zombie-dragon Digimon for fighting a human.
- Evil Counterpart: Neo can be said for this when compared to Tai.
- Evil Is Sexy: Lilithmon. Full stop.
- Evil Versus Evil: You'd think with all the villains around they'll confront each other. The farthest that happened so far is just the bad guys are aware of the other and had meetings at times.
- Faux Action Girl: Zoe's trying to shake this trope off. Not having much success so far.
- Fetish Fuel: Lots of it among both humans and Digimon characters alike.
- Floating Continent: The temple where the Spirit of Wind is found.
- Five-Man Band
- Future Me Scares Me: No real time travel involved but more or less played straight with Takuya when he sees Kaiser Greymon in the Mirror Universe
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The board's settings automatically censor strong coarse language but there are ways around this.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Namely, save DarkMoon from Lilithmon
- Goggles Do Nothing: Subverted that OC characters are not allowed to have goggles, though AU characters from other manga and video game are different. At least the players make them different from the main ones.
- Government Agency of Fiction: Hypnos
- Have You Seen My God?: ENIAC, after helping to create the Digital World and guide Ryo in the Wonderswan Games, took a backseat while observing events in motion. Recent events has spurred the 'Watcher' to take action.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Rhythm
- Hopeless Suitor: Still Davis for Kari, and JP for Zoe (Though, he's trying to break from this trope, but failing.).
- How Do I Shot Web?: Actually played straight with one Original Character. Isaac's not familiar enough with the Digimon game and often guesses what cards he should be using to help Commandramon.
- Humans Are Bastards: From the view from many Digimon, particularly Victory Greymon.
- Idiot Hero: It's a common trait among the human characters.
- Intrepid Merchant: Anne and Mummymon
- Kid Hero: Pretty obvious
- Knight In Shining Armour: Minus the wooing of the ladies, Craniamon fits this trope.
- Knight Templar: Goes to many, from Hypnos, Royal Knights, Anti-Human digimon, and even within the Digidestined!
- Level Grinding: Rika's original plan to get her partner to digivolve.
- Like a Badass out of Hell: OR shall we say the Dark Area?
- Loads and Loads of Characters: It's bad enough with the main cast of all anime and manga Digimon titles... and then there's the Original Characters...
- Mad Scientist: Analogman
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: Lamp Shaded with Rhythm, though she wasn't really the Mad Scientist's daughter, nor was she evil or human. The Beautiful part came once she digivolved.
- Magical Land: The Digital World
- Mama Bear: Faith
- Manipulative Bastard: Lilithmon
- MacGyvering: Of a sort. Keith's solution to the Brainwashed and Crazy problem in the Giga House, is to fiddle with his D3's alarm clock function, upping the frequency of the sounds emitted, and uses it to make a high-pitched sound to completely screw up the music controlling the bug Digimon. He also tries using it to mimic the music frequency with a different melody (Song of Healing, to be precise). Whether it even works... It doesn't. Thankfully, he didn't need to, as BlackGatomon sliced the computer's power cord right after his second attempt. He even remarks that he wouldn't have tried if he knew that the other Digidestined were trying to shut down the computer.
- Mirror Universe: Accidentally discovered when an OC character got tossed by a Parallelmon into another universe. Multiple threads in the other universe focus on her attempts to return home.
- Mons: Really? Shouldn't you know this?
- Morality Pet: Rei, Neo's little sister. She's not dead
- Muggle: Besides the Government, Monster Makers and the Chosen's families, there are normal children who knows about digimon and are even part of their friend's adventures at times.
- The Multiverse: Just ask Ancient Wisemon.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: A rather innocuous example - Keith makes a speech in order to help pump up everyone before the DarkMOON invasion. Unfortunately, he forgot that Tommy was in the audience, and a quick swear at the end, well... Hilarity Ensued.
- Oblivious to Love: Kari actually kisses TK, and the boy still doesn't get it!!! Ash Ketchum, eat your heart out!
- Oh, Crap: Too many occasions to list.
- Older and Wiser: The original cast are viewed as Legendary Tamers by the current Tamers.
- Olympus Mons: Certain Digimon partnered to the Digidestined have high ranking megas. Some of which includes the Olympus Twelve!
- Original Character: Original humans (Chosen and non-Chosen alike) and Digimon are plentiful.
- Patchwork Map: Any continent or island of the Digital World
- Phantom Zone: The Dark Ocean. The Back Dimension may also count a bit.
- Play-by-Post Games: The style of website this is
- Precision F-Strike: Done by Henry of all Chosen.
- Psycho Rangers: Any Dark Chosen, namely the ones who serve Lilithmon.
- Put on a Bus: Done to quite a number of characters when their respective player leaves the RP. Sometimes they get picked up by other players but this doesn't happen too often.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Several, Lilithmon's Dark Chosen, Mr.E's Saturn-Dragons, etc...
- Rescue Arc: The two threads dealing with saving Rika from Ice Devimon. Now we have saving Ken from the Daemon Corps.
- Red Baron: Applies to the Royal Knights who have their own unique nicknames.
- Rival Turned Evil: Tai is this in the Mirror Universe to Neo. While in the normal universe, Neo was never a friend but was a rival soccer player.
- Running Gag: Mercurymon's constant references to Sentai. A certain Dark Lord going nuts everytime his name is said wrong.
- Save Both Worlds: It's a Digimon story so what did you think was going to happen?
- Screw the Rules, I Have Plot!: A number of Digimon cards used in the RP get their effect dramatically changed from whatever original effect they had in the Real Life version.
- Shout-Out: To various Anime, Video Games and Western Animation. Either by quotes or even Expy
- Simultaneous Arcs: The many threads that take place at the same time but in different locations
- Story Arc: While the RP has many threads, it can be dived into arcs;
- Opening Arc: Has the original plot from the first few Tamers episodes while also having to deal with attacks from the Daemon Corps. Late in the 'arc', the Chosen children from Digimon Frontier appeared for a C-Story of their own.
- Second Arc: The Digimon Tamers plot continues as they start the Deva Saga, while the Daemon Corps has become a Rescue Arc for Ken which involves the 'Legendary Tamers' and Legendary Warriors teaming up to challenge them. As of this arc, a new story surrounding the West Coast Team has started.
- Tear Jerker: Rhythm's speech about her life as Nat-Chan and Rhythm, hurting people she cared for, but how Davis and Takuya helped her. And then she got a Disney Death. Lets hope her third life is a better one.
- Techno Babble: Norun occasionally uses these types of lines.
- Tempting Fate: Keith lampshades this trope right after becoming a Digidestined and meeting his (rather stubborn) partner, but with very little idea of what's actually going on or what to do, resulting in a rather sticky situation.
Keith: Dammit, dammit, I have no idea how to get home, who to contact, or, for that matter, how to contact them. I'd say this day can't get any worse, but I'm pretty sure it will.
- The Dragon: Sealed Evil in a Can Daemon has Lilithmon as his dragon, and she has two of them herself. One is Evil Counterpart Neo (who has a dragon Digimon) and there's Metal Devidramon (A actual robotic-demon dragon) and the latter has a dragon of his own, Dark Action Girl Faith/Ranamon
- The Idiot from Osaka: Yuji (of Digimon Chronicles)
- The Four Gods: Since it adapts Digimon Tamers, obviously the Digimon Sovereigns are part.
- Fanglongmon is also mention, but he split into The Four Gods before the storyline.
- The Power of Friendship: Not much, but Henry does give a somewhat friendship speech to pep up Takato. Though it seems it hit Growlmon instead, who then somehow gained the energy to rampage through an ARMY of wild Digimon. Another Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- The Power of Love: Many relations seem rock right now, Love came through with Rhythm, who fell in love with Davis in her past life as Nat-Chan. This lead to her crush on goggleboys, namely Takuya and her Heroic Sacrifice.
- The Smart Guy: Among others, there's Izzy, Cody, and Ken... And Keith, who basically (and rather unusually) mixes this trope with the personality of The Hero.
- The Starscream: Analogman was this to Hypnos, but... there's also Ice Devimon when he worked for the Daemon Corps. Victory Greymon is hinted to become this.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Sakkakumon summed up the situation as this when an enemy takes one of the human party members hostage. Also in the same thread, Pegasusmon gives this reaction when TK can't figure out how to use his newly upgraded Transformation Trinket.
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe: Besides the Digital World, all threads were based in Japan until the West Coast Team started.
- Took a Level in Badass: Bokomon and Neemon make an unexpected return in newly digivolved forms which gives a serious surprise to the Frontier gang
- Took a Level in Jerkass: TK starts going this route when he learns that a Warrior of Darkness is among the Frontier group.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: Usually played straight but can be subverted at times to create drama.
- Transformation Trinket: The Digivices
- Trapped in Another World: The backstory of Lyn
- True Companions
- Two Lines, No Waiting: Besides the main plot dealing with Digimon Tamers, there are the sideplots with original storyline going on
- Verbal Tic: Doki!
- Villainous Breakdown: Analogman
- West Coast Team: Threads are starting in America now, where the chosen will have to deal with another Dark Lord, an Alien Invasion plus a foe Back from the Dead.
- And slowly but surely, Australian Digidestined are beginning to enter the plot, with Keith and his partner (and Gazimon) accidentally running into the Frontier gang and the Digidestined travelling with them, as well as Derek from the Digimon World Tour, Christa and James going after him, while also escorting Rei and basically having the worst luck ever with Random Encounters.
- World Tree: Yggdrasil
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Ryuudamon