Recap / The Simpsons S 13 E 18 I Am Furious Yellow
After being inspired by a cartoonist during Career Day at Springfield Elementary, Bart creates an Internet cartoon based on Homer's anger problems called Angry Dad
. Meanwhile, the Comic Book Guy has his hands full when Marvel Comics man Stan Lee
begins harassing him and scaring off his customers.
- Adam Westing: Stan Lee voices a deranged version of himself.
"He can't be the Hulk! I'm the Hulk!"
- Author Avatar: Bart creates a cartoon about his father, just like Matt Groening based the Simpsons on his own family.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor, Ink-Suit Actor, and Take That: Bart's voice actor for the Angry Dad Internet cartoons is based on Dan Castellaneta (the voice actor best known for playing Homer Simpson), who gets the job for capturing the spirit of Angry Dad ("Whoo-hoo! When do I get paid?"), but won't be paid until 2012 ("D'oh!")
- Body Horror: When trying to suppress his anger, boils keep popping out of Homer's neck until a whole bunch of them spring up.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick
Homer: I gave up anger forever. From now on, I'm into candles, soft music, and horse tranquilizer.
- Buffy Speak: "I'm a rageaholic, and I can't live without Rageahol!"
- Call Back: When Homer is suppressing his anger, he starts "diddly"-ing, just like Flanders.
- Cheek Copy: One of the employees at betterthantv.com is seen the background Xeroxing his butt.
- Cloudcuckoolander and Troll: Stan Lee is portrayed as both of these.
- Composite Character: Parodied. Bart claims Angry Dad to be a mix of three dads: his dad, Lisa's dad and Maggie's dad.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Homer's anger problems inspire Bart to create Angry Dad.
- Hulking Out: "HOMER MAD! HOMER SMASH! GET REVENGE ON WORLD!"
- Stan Lee tries to transform into the Hulk, claiming to have actually done it in the past.
Stan Lee: He can't be the Hulk! I'm the Hulk! [rips shirt] Mrrrroaarrr! Come on, damnit, change! Mmmmm!
Comic Book Guy: Oh, puh-leese! You couldn't even turn into Bill Bixby!
Stan Lee: Mmmmm! Aw, forget it. Mm-mmmm! I really did it once!
Comic Book Guy: [walking Stan Lee in the store] Yes, yes. I just wish you had the power to leave my store.
Stan Lee: [off-screen] Mmmmmh!
Comic Book Guy: You almost had it there.
- Halfway Plot Switch: This is an episode that tries to pretends its about comic books when its actually about flash videos.
- Kick the Dog: Homer randomly starts punching Snowball II and wasn't even aware of it until Marge pointed it out.
- Magic Pants: Worn by Homer Mad and lampshaded by Bart.
- Noodle Incident: Stan Lee apparently turned into the Hulk once.
- Non-Indicative Name: The Danger Dog Easter Special has nothing to do with Easter.
- Off Model: Lampshaded by Comic Book Guy who calls the Angry Dad character this in every frame, but still considers it worthy of being sold in his store.
- Rage Breaking Point: Homer finally lets his surpressed anger loose when he falls into a kiddie pool filled with green paint.
- Reality Ensues: Homer doesn't really Hulk Out, he just gets really angry. And despite that, he's still easily subdued by the police.
- Shout-Out: Bart's latest attempt to drive Homer furious involved green paint and made Homer look like Hulk.
- Show Within a Show: Angry Dad, When Dinosaurs Get Drunk and Danger Dog.
- Stalker with a Crush: The Comic Book Guy is this towards Lynda Carter:
The restraining order says "no-no", but her eyes say "yes-yes".
- Take That: To the popular dot.com bubble burst of the late 90s-early 2000s.
- The Internet Is for Porn: Angry Dad is ranked #1, excluding porn. Including porn, it's #10,000,000,000,000.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Stan Lee doesn't seem to leave the comic book store.
Bart: Stan Lee came back?
Comic Book Guy: Stan Lee never left.