Molly Kathleen Ringwald (1968-) is an actress famous for being part of the Brat Pack (a group of actors associated with several Eighties teenage comedy films) and for starring in films such as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. In addition to her acting career, Ringwald is also an author, singer, and dancer.
Works she has starred in include:
- Sixteen Candles
- The Breakfast Club
- Pretty in Pink
- For Keeps
- The TV miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand.
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager
- Jem and the Holograms
Books she has written include:
Provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: Satirized herself as a Jaded Washout flight attendant in Not Another Teen Movie, where she called out how trite and insincere the Jerk Jock's apology was, and essentially lampshaded the entire ending scene.
- Anyone Remember Pogs?: The butt of many a joke about teen starlets of The '80s.
- Dawson Casting: Averted. She was a teenager actually playing teenagers.
- Celeb Posse: As part of the Brat Pack.
- Fanservice: The 1995 direct-to-video thriller Malicious has her topless for about thirty seconds. The Shower of Love scene from For Keeps could count as well.
- Former Teen Star
- Large Ham: Good God, YES. For Keeps, Malicious, and The Stand are prime examples.
- Teen Idol
- Trademark Favorite Food/Bizarre Taste in Food: Famous during the Brat Pack years for going to at all the trendiest restaurants and ordering onion rings with the onions removed.