Film: Teaching Mrs. Tingle
A 1999 film in which a poor girl's college stipend depends on her acing a history test in the class taught by the vile
Mrs Tingle. Due to her friend's stupidity, she is caught cheating. The same friend happens to have brought a crossbow to school, and in order for her to still pass the test, she and the friend and another friend kidnap Mrs Tingle, then torture and try to murder her.
Due to recent events before the movie came out, its title was changed from the original "Killing Mrs Tingle" to the above. This really doesn't do anything to make matters any better. Written and directed by Kevin Williamson
, and understandably his only turn in the director's chair to date.
- Chekhov's Skill: The book stopping a crossbow bolt, thereby stopping someone from being killed.
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- The kids go way over the line to try making Mrs. Tingle do what they want.
- Mrs Tingle's reason for hurting Leigh Ann is just as petty, she never left town when she had the chance and decided to take anyone with the same potential down with her.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Tingle confidently points out to Jo Lynn that she won't shoot her with the crossbow, when Jo Lynn retorts "No?", Tingle shows the bolt in her hand.
- Wrote the Book: Mrs. Tingle, in the middle of a rant, claims that she wrote the book on Leigh Ann's situation.