"Look! I am the director! I've been directing ten-cent movies for thirty years! And I think I know a little bit about what I'm doing! It's a horrible world! There's starvation! Dismemberment! Torture! Rape! Corn-holing! It's horrible out there! But it's worse—It's worse here on the movie set! Much worse! We have danger! And stupidity! I don't want somebody dying on my set! If someone dies here, I'll blow my brains out, and it'll be your fault! My career will be over! IT'LL BE YOUR FAULT!!! Now where are them big-titted women at?"The set of Troma's latest B-grade masterpiece is being terrorized by a sick serial killer. Who is this mysterious woman who's knocking off crew-members left and right? The answer will shock you! Or at least sicken you.
— Larry Benjamin, the trailer
- Family Values Villain: Casey is killing out of a warped desire to promote 1950's-style family values.
- Fan Disservice: The fat naked guy running through New York.
- Fanservice: The constant female nudity. Also the young gay couple making out.
- Funny Afro: "Oh my god! He's got an afro!"
- Gainax Ending: The Movie Within A Movie's ending is just...hwa?
- Gorn: It's Troma. Of course there is.
- Groin Attack: Casey is finally done in by a boom mike through his vagina.
- Hermaphrodite: Casey, the reason he can disguise himself as a woman when killing.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The story of how Larry's wife died is based on Lloyd Kaufman's appearance on the Morton Downey Jr show, where Morton worked the crowd into a frenzy, then assaulted Lloyd.
- Show Within a Show: The movie they're filming is another The Toxic Avenger sequel.
- Take That!: Pretty much a big middle finger to all the Moral Guardians out there.
- What Does She See in Him?: At the beginning, Jennifer has a crush on Casey, who's a total jerkass, even before you find out he's the killer.