Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 23 Bride Of The Monster
Films watched: Hired!
(short) Part 1 and Bride of the Monster
The MST3K presentation of Bride of the Monster features:
The MST3K presentation of Hired Part 1 features:
- All Musicals Are Adaptations: Hired! The Musical
- Angry Mob Song: "Can't you see we're trying to tell you NO!"
- Artistic License - Economics: "Uncle Sam's gonna need cars! Why, selling Chevrolets is gonna help the war effort! Don't ya see, Dad? Come on everybody!"
- BSOD Song: "Zeroes... Zeroes... None of my salesmen / has ever sold a car..."
- Failure Is the Only Option:
Servo: I'd like to make a sale, but what can I do? I'm gonna be a failure just like yoooou, dad!
Crow: Like me?
Servo: That's right! I'm gonna be a failure just like yoooooooooou!
- Gecko Ending: Joel and the 'Bots make up an ending of their own after Part 1, since they don't see Part 2 of Hired! until the next episode. They come up with something involving World War II breaking out.
- Also counts as No Ending because they get interrupted by the Commercial Sign before they could finish. They are understandably disappointed.
- Hello, Insert Name Here:
Tom (as Jimmy): Um, "Hello sir or madam..."
- Ho Yay: Joel and the 'bots imply this about Mr. Warren and Jimmy.
Mr. Warren: I remember the first thing Harry drilled into meŚ
Crow: Śwas Harry!
- I Am Becoming Song: "I'd like to make a sale, but what can I do? I'm gonna be a failure just like you, Dad!"
- "I Am" Song: He's Hired, and nobody can deny that.
- Notable Original Music: Again, "Hired! The Musical"
I got a job today! (He's hired!)
I'm selling Chevrolets! (He's hired!)
I'm taking home good pay...
I just got hired!
- Previously On: As the short was broken up into two segments, this trope was given a minor spoof.
Crow: Previously on Hired!
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "HE BOUGHT THE CAR!"
- Running Gag: Joel and the Bots pointing out that Jimmy really should have an actual car to show.
- Left the Background Music On
Servo: (as one of Jimmy's potential customers) Could ya turn down the music?! I can't hear a word you're saying!
- Special Edition: When Shout! Factory rereleased "Manos" The Hands of Fate, not only was the original second half of Hired! on here, they actually fused both parts together and released it as a bonus feature, just because they could.