Recap / Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 06 Ring Of Terror
Films watched: The Phantom Creeps
) Chapter 3 and Ring of Terror
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: "The only good thing about the movie was that it was really short!"
- Autopsy Snack Time: Parodied. During one of the host segments, Joel munches an apple while dissecting a vacuum cleaner.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: This is the only episode of the whole series to have the movie first and the short last.
- It's also the only episode to begin with movie sign immediately after the theme song, though it's a prank by Tom and Crow.
- Tom Servo is still sporting his "haircut" which he first got in the previous episode. This is the last episode which would feature this design.
- Call Back: "
Lewis Charles Moffett, feared not", as heard in Master Ninja and other episodes.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The following exchange.
Tiny: Well I almost made it to 36 inches. See?
Crow: Good. Now, about your waist.
- All over the place in this one.
Sorority Girl: It's about to get sticky in here. (Servo coughs loudly)
: Still sore from last night? (talking about standing his girlfriend up; Servo coughs loudly)
Girl, to friends: I was never so bored in my life. Joel: Did you touch it?
- Running Gag: How the people on campus look older than college-aged, which Joel and the bots take to ridiculous extremes, painting them more as senior citizens.
- Saying something about a tuffet every time Mr. Moffitt's name is said.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Joel and the 'bots rejoice over the shortness of the movie, only for the mads to drop a short film on them.