Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 07 Wild Rebels
Film watched: Wild RebelsWild Rebels
was released on the Collection Volume 9 box set.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The only episode in which the theater is actually called the "Mystery Science Theater."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar / Genius Bonus: This sequence:
Joel: What's the extra E for?
Crow: The extra E is for extra...-
- Gretzky Has the Ball: A riff involving Rod being dropped off at the club by an old guy in a ballcap.
Tom (as Rod): "Hey, thanks for the ride, Mr. Lasorda!"
Joel (as Lasorda): "Now remember! Just a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, then a sensible—"
Tom (as Rod): "Yeah, whatever. Good luck with the football team, or whatever it is you do."
- Running Gag (in future experiments): "That square bugs me... he really bugs meee!!!" and "You and your friends are the only creeps in this place!"
- Russian Reversal:
(Inviting Rod to crash at their shack) It's not very much, but it's, uh, what we call home. Joel:
call home, Rambo
- Sophisticated as Hell: While explaining Jeeter's Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, Joel claims that many east coast intellectuals have ridden in biker gangs.
- The Exit Is That Way: After a tense confrontation ends with Rod carefully backing out the door of the shack:
Crow: "That's... the closet."
- With Lyrics: singing along with the lousy band during the bar scene: "My lunch goes BLEEEECCCCHHHH!!!"