Film watched: Lost Continent
Robert Lippert also served as a producer on several other films featured on the show including Rocketship X-M
, Radar Secret Service
, and Jungle Goddess
(sometimes credited as a "presenter").
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: A subtle one for Cesar Romano when Joel mentions him getting his "clown suit."
Boredom EXCRUCIATING PAIN Montage
- Call Back: Jungle Goddess had a similar "tropical rain forest" setting, and this becomes a running gag.
- Mighty Whitey: Subverted. Joel tries to do another skit about the "Superior White Man In Africa" (similar to "My White Goddess" from Jungle Goddess), but the bots refuse to cooperate. The sketch degenerates into Joel's character explaining the Unfortunate Implications of You No Take Candle before swerving into the last act of a murder mystery on a flimsy pretext.
- Not Now Crow
- Not So Stoic: At around hour 28 of the rock climbing sequence, the usually-composed Joel starts shouting at the screen.
- Running Gag
- "Did you ever fly/crash/die in one of these things?"
- "I always said I was never going to die in a plane, but now I'm very excited about it."
- I can see my house from here!
- The Unseen: The "Cool Thing".
- Take Our Word for It: Inverted; we never see the cool thing and they never describe it more elaborately than "cool!", but it became the subject of a write-in contest where viewers could come up with their own ideas.
- Finally revealed by the cast at the end of the episode with Fugitive Alien: it's Mexican Stoplight Candy.
"Well, thanks for straightening the whole thing out, doc. You took the words right out of my mouth. Haha, what a relief. Well, good night."