Film watched: Marooned
(repackaged by Film Ventures International under the title Space Travelers
It's the only Oscar-winning film (for special effects) to be riffed on Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Bleep Dammit: The "God" in Janssen's "Then God damn you!" is muted out, but the "damn" isn't, which catches Tom's notice in particular.
- Escape Artist: "The Great Crowdini" tries to escape from chains while suspended upside-down before a cannon shoots him... but he drops the key, and doesn't quite make it.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Dr. Forrester and Frank lament the fall of The Last Boy Scout in the movie rankings, as they see its decline as a threat to the forces of evil everywhere.
- Long List: Joel and the Bots list off all of the things that mankind has benefited from, thanks to the space program. Some of the items are a bit suspect, such as Branford, Wynton, and Chicken Marsalis.
- Running Gag: Confusing James Franciscus for Tony Franciosa, the Finder Of Lost Loves, which becomes a Berserk Button for Tom.
- Crow making references to David Janssen's role on The Fugitive.
- Gene Hackman is good in anything.
- Shout-Out: Several riffs reference 2001: A Space Odyssey (which came out a year before Marooned).
- Take That: "Eight-million dollar film and they're still using Stock Footage!"