Recap / Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 24 Master Ninja II
Film watched: Master Ninja IIMST3K
had planned to air the third of the Master Ninja
movies in the sixth season; unfortunately, the plans fell through, and they aired Samson vs. the Vampire Women
This episode contained the following tropes:
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: Dr. F and Frank's Invention Exchange is a buffet that runs on a conveyor belt, letting you take food as it comes by. Restaurants like that exist; they are a popular way to serve sushi, and usually work by using color codes plates. The customer takes whatever food they want, then pay based on the plates they wind up with.
- Ho Yay: In-universe, at the end of the second host segment, Tom complains about Crow accidentally hitting him with his riding crop in panic at the Movie Sign. Crow replies with "Ah, you love it, you know you do."
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
- "Remember, have your ninja spade."
- Crow makes a series of these during the fight in the cemetary in the voice of the Cryptkeeper.
- Joel, who usually refrains from them himself, gets one in himself when Max drops the Girl of the Week from a glider for MacAllister to catch.
Joel: She's a real blonde bombshell.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Joel apparently programmed Tom to be able to determine the perfect animal sidekick for any hero.
- Notable Original Music: "Master Ninja Theme Song"
- Shout-Out: During the final showdown in the cemetary, Crow makes several Incredibly Lame Puns in the voice of the Cryptkeeper.
- Team Pet: In one sketch, Tom insists that the hamster is the wrong type of pet for Timothy Van Patten, comparing it to other TV detectives and their pets, and then suggests fitting pets for both Timothy ("A mandrill?") and other detectives.
- Theatresports: The opening segment has Joel and the 'Bots pretending to be an improv troupe, performing a sketch premise where they ask their audience (Gypsy) for random pieces of information — which Gypsy answers even more randomly than expected:
(To Crow and Tom) Okay, you're at Cream of Wheat
, you're about to do Peter Gabriel
shows up, and... Go!
- Genius Bonus: Best Brains throw in several bits of improv jargon in the aftermath, where Tom and Crow complain about "negating" each other.
- The Unintelligible: Many jokes about Timothy Van Patten being one of these, especially the "General Timothy Van Patton" sketch.
Crow: (George C. Scott impression) "Now, I want you to remember that no babbister ever (Timothy Van Patten impression) wub a waa by dibbing fuh hibs cubbidy."