Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 24 Master Ninja II
Film watched: Master Ninja IIMST3K had planned to air the third of the Master Ninja movies in the sixth season; unfortunately, the plans fell through, and they aired Samson vs. the Vampire Women instead.
This episode contained the following tropes:
- Ho Yay: In-universe, at the end of the second host segment, Tom complains about Crow accidentally hitting him with his riding crop in panic at the Movie Sign. Crow replies with "Ah, you love it, you know you do."
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
Joel: She's a real blonde bombshell.
- "Remember, have your ninja spade."
- Crow makes a series of these during the fight in the cemetary in the voice of the Cryptkeeper.
- Joel, who usually refrains from them himself, gets one in himself when Max drops the Girl of the Week from a glider for MacAllister to catch.
- Notable Original Music: "Master Ninja Theme Song"
- Shout-Out: During the final showdown in the cemetary, Crow makes several Incredibly Lame Puns in the voice of the Cryptkeeper.
- Team Pet: In one sketch, Tom insists that the hamster is the wrong type of pet for Timothy Van Patten, comparing it to other TV detectives and their pets, and then suggests fitting pets for both Timothy ("A mandrill?") and other detectives.Crow: Err... Bat Masterson.
Servo: Penguin. All of your 19th-century Western detectives would have penguins. But there may be a few puffins thrown in, so be sure to ask me about each one.
- He eventually concludes that Charles Darwin would have a howler monkey that would eventually evolve into "his wisecracking partner, Blake".
- Theatresports: The opening segment has Joel and the 'Bots pretending to be an improv troupe, performing a sketch premise where they ask their audience (Gypsy) for random pieces of information — which Gypsy answers even more randomly than expected:Joel: (To Crow and Tom) Okay, you're at Cream of Wheat, you're about to do Peter Gabriel when Anger shows up, and... Go!
- Genius Bonus: Best Brains throw in several bits of improv jargon in the aftermath, where Tom and Crow complain about "negating" each other.
- The Unintelligible: Many jokes about Timothy Van Patten being one of these, especially the "General Timothy Van Patton" sketch.Crow: (George C. Scott impression) "Now, I want you to remember that no babbister ever (Timothy Van Patten impression) wub a waa by dibbing fuh hibs cubbidy."