Samson vs. the Vampire Women
("Santo Contra Las Mujeres Vampiros") is a 1962 horror film starring the wrestling Mexican superhero El Santo
The vampire women in Mexico have awakened from their sleep, commanded by their master, The Evil One
, to find him a bride. They choose as their target the beautiful daughter
(Duval) of a local professor (Augusto Benedico). To rescue his daughter, the professor calls El Santo
, a silver-masked wrestler, for justice
. But even El Santo may have trouble with these Vampires; their mooks act like thugs and know Kung Fu.
For the Mystery Science Theater 3000
version, please go to the episode recap page
Samson vs. the Vampire Women has examples of:
- Airplane Arms: The vampire mooks do this while holding their capes.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: The vampires finally have El Santo in their power, tied up and helpless, but decide to remove ElSanto's mask FIRST, giving time for the sun to shine in and burn them up.
- The Chosen One: The same prophecy that warns about the vampires foretells a young warrior for justice wearing a silver mask who will fight them.
- Homage - There's a good chance that El Santo from Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is a spoof of this movie's hero.
- Holy Burns Evil: Quite literally when one of Tundra's minions comes face to face with a church cross and bursts into flames before Santo can get to him.
- Kill and Replace: One of the vampires murderers another wrestler and impersonates him in an attempt to kill Samson during a match.
- Kill It with Fire: How the vampires finally die.
- Masked Luchador: El Santo
- Mask Power: Samson
- Mooks: The vampire thugs.
- Shirtless Scene: Anytime Samson/El Santo appears in the film.
- Superhero: El Santo
- Too Dumb to Live: The vampires. Blocking the windows from the sun never occurred to them?